What's new

My Home Theater Page (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well I finally got my evolution kit for my Samsung 4K UHD TV late last night at 8:16pm. So off to work and I will install it after I get home!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Got the new evolution kit up and running after a few snags and 4K Movies at full 4K look incredible. An still working on tweaking the picture after swapping out the evolution kit but things are looking good so far. Seem like I have been wanting to do this for over a year maybe close to two. The old evolution kit sat beneath the tv and now the new one sits in the audio rack. I want the next purchase to be a new receiver with Dolby Atmos and DTS-X and also 4K video switching! Also would like to come up with some cash to upgrade my rear surround speakers and get matching speakers to use for height channels on Atmos and X.

IMG_0087a.jpg

IMG_0090a.jpg

IMG_0096a.jpg

Some of the 4K UHD BD titles on list:
  • Batman Trilogy
  • Harry Potter 1-4
  • Logan
  • Wonder Woman
  • Arrival
  • Blue Planet II
  • Cloverfield
  • Tomb Raider
  • Terminator 2: Judgement Day (On Order)
  • Blade Runner 2049
  • Dunkirk
  • Jumanji
  • Transformers 1-4
  • The Kingsman: The Golden Circle
  • MIB Trilogy
  • A Few Good Men
  • Westworld Season 1
  • Dr Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas
  • Serentiy
  • Spiderman Trilogy
  • Bram Stokers Dracula
  • The Bridge On The River Kwai
Would not mind seeing Gladiator, Braveheart, My Fair Lady and The King And I on 4K BD. Am wondering how long we will wait for the last two Star Wars and previous Pirates movies to be in 4k BD.

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So here it is and this is a case of never say never because sometimes a company starts making things that end up being good after being junk for many years! I have said for a number of years I wouldn't buy anything from LG! Well I still feel that way about there kitchen appliances with maybe the exception of there microwaves. I still do not hear good things about the LG blu-ray or 4K blu-ray players!

But here I am getting back from a trip to Best Buys and saying no to a Sharp 4K 43" UHD TV and yes to a LG 4K UHD TV that ended up replacing my 27" Samsung PC monitor in my bedroom! So for the price and picture size it works well and I only paid $349.99 for it so I could run my pc at 4K resolution. Movies on Vudu look alot better than they did on my older 1080p Samsung LED monitor and it will work out nicely for photoshop work, videos and games. But occasionally I will end up watching some video content in my bedroom and the 43" 4K UHD TV will be much nicer than the older 27" monitor! I will tweek the picture later after I spend time retweeking my Samsung 4K UHD TV in my main system after I upgraded my evolution kit to the newest model which has hdcp 2.2! Anyway I feel I got one of the best options in the price range and this was better than buying a Sharp, Insigna, TCL or Hisense.

IMG_0181a.jpg

IMG_0189a.jpg

IMG_0198a.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
While I was not able to upgrade to Dolby Atmos/DTS-X and get 4K switching I am lucky that I was finally able to upgrade the evolution kit on my Samsung 55" 4K UHD TV. And I was able to get a good deal on a LG 43" 4K UHD TV with HDR that I am using for my computer monitor. So along with 62 4K UHD Blu-rays I honestly can not complain given my budget constraints and am looking for a more productive 2018 where I can upgrade my Pioneer SC-05 to something more current. Hoping for a new job and the ability to have my own place after a messy divorce left me financially wiped out due to poor pay, periods of unemployment and child support.

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
Sorry to hear about the divorce Dave. I live in a loveless marriage and if I get a divorce I walk away with about 300,000$ Married for 42 yrs. Putting up with the less than perfect situation for the sake of my daughter and her daughter, my first grandchild so they will be alright. I love music and movies, and it keeps me alive and sane. You have a killer system and quite the library, collection. And hard copies are the finest source compared to streaming or downloads. AND you own them forever. I love following your thread to see whats new. Have a good holiday.

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
Hey Dave i want you to go on You tube and check out Cage The Gods Badlands album. Please give it a listen. It is powerful and food for the soul. Also good rock and roll.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hey Bob sorry to hear about your situation and thank you for the compliment. Am downloading it and will give it a listen. It is hard to believe I have been into this hobby for as long as I have been and all the changes in technology since I started. Would love to hear about your system Bob, what are you using?

Here is my current wish list if I could build what I really wanted with no financial restraints .
  • Marantz AV8802A Preamp/Processor
  • Oppo UPD-205 4K UHD Blu-ray Player
  • McIntosh Amplification 7.4.4 System, so 11 channels of McIntosh power and 4 subwoofers
  • Professional Christie 4K projector or Sony 4K projector
  • Stewart Film Screen 120" - 160" Screen matched to the projector
  • Depending on what I am looking for at the time ether all Bowers & Wilkens speakers with SVS subs or JBL Pro Speakers with JBL subs?
  • Possible media player
  • Reel To Reel Tape Deck
Still have more practical planning to do for what I can actually achieve little by little.
  • New receiver with 4K video switching and Dolby Atmos and DTS-X decoding, leaning towards Marantz currently
  • 4 pair of Bowers & Wilkens bookshelf speakers to replace the Advent Marbles I am using for rear speakers and adding height channels for Atmos & X.
  • Oppo UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray
  • New Subwoofer ?
  • Sony 4K Projector (Waiting for prices to drop and available money) Native 4K
  • Would like a Stewart Screen but will see what finances dictate, maybe a Draper or Delite.
  • Would love to get a higher quality turntable new or used and a used reel to reel tape deck
  • Still undecided about a streaming player like Apple TV? Not a priority since my focus is on physical media with lossless sound
Regardless I feel blessed to have what I have even if there is much better that is ok because I know I have something that sounds good and some do not have what I have.

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
hey Dave I can honestly say my first system was Marantz and Thorens and Large Advents. I thought Marantz was the shit so quiet and just the balls. I do Think the new marantz is not the same but I could be wrong.

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
My system consists of old equipment. I had a fine stereo system back in the day and my brother in law had one too. I was always on a low budget married at 20 and 2 kids at 23 so the budget for audio was tight. I always read Stereo Review and learned alot about good gear. I could afford an integrated amp a Yamaha A1000 it had first 25 watts in class A then kicked into AB. Very quiet and powerful. I used Boston Acoustics A 400s for my mains. I wanted to get ADS L1230s but the bitch didn't like the price. Ended up with a decent system but Boston is not ADS. My brother in law overdosed on drugs and I ended up with his system. He got into an auto accident and got a chunck of cash and bought seperates first Yamaha and kept on clipping and burning fuses told him to get more power so he got Nikko Alpha 440 and Beta 20preamp. It drove the L1230s pretty well. I got his system and put it with my system. 2 stereo systems for 4 channel. I got a Yamaha DSP1 and hooked it up and experimented with it and then got into Laser Disc. I eventually got a centet channel and got into movies. Like I said first stereo and music but then multi channel and now.
Took the old Nikko Alpha 440 and bought another on Craigslist and totally restored both. Q Audio in Cambridge MA. Then bought a 5 channel amp kick ass in current and good power Anthem P5 Statement. Got it used at half price from Q Audio. I guess I just got lucky. Any way using all rebuilt ADS L1290/s and a self built center channel to match. Nice HSU sub for 600$ and got 4 ADS L300s for Atmos Height speakers.
All on the cheap but ass kicking.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
My first decent system was a Kenwood rack system and I remember the receiver being somewhere around 75 w/ch but the rating seemed under rated and it had a nice beefy power supply. Then I did some upgrading and purchased a JVC CD player and an Onkyo Integra turntable. I also guted the Kenwood drivers and replaced them with Pyle Driver speakers and crossover and ported the boxes. The next move I made to upgrade my equipment was when one of my best friends was working for Circuit City and I got a Onkyo Integra 8190 stereo integrated amp that was 100 w/ch with a big power supply and two big capacitors. I also got a Onkyo Integra 3 head 3 motor cassette deck and a Harman Kardon AM/FM tuner. After that I got into the beginning of surround sound with my first Dolby Prologic Denon Integrated Amp/Processor. I always wanted a pair of JBL L-100's but never was able to have money when I had the opportunity to buy a pair. A friend back in high school, his parents had a pair of JBL L-100's and I loved them! Maybe someday I will get a 70's Marantz receiver and a pair of JBL L-100's for a pure analog stereo system!

IMG_1193a.jpg

Kenwood and Misc 01.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So I think it is time to really start building a list of receivers to research and listen to in person when it gets close to purchase time. The only problem is that there are less retailers in the So Cal area then there used to be. And the way I look at it if I can get upgraded to 4K video pass through switching and both Dolby Atmos and DTS-X decoding and nothing else happens after that then I am totally ok with that. But actually if everything stops and I just get some movies here and there if I really had to I could live with what I have but it would be nice to have matching rear speakers to my center channel. Because of technology changes I would love to catch up to what is available now and I would be more than happy once I am able to do that. I do not see myself having the must have feeling after I have a full 4K UHD chain from source to receiver to monitor! And once I have Atmos and X decoding and have the overhead speakers to go with a new receiver. I know have two 4K displays and my old Yamaha RX-V995 is being used with my pc so once I get another set of inexpensive Polk bookshelf speakers I will have 5.1 for my pc. If I can get my upgrades done the goal will shift to building the movie library and replacing something if it completely goes out. I guess I am at the point where what is available now is more than good enough and there are other things in life I want to do despite how much I love this hobby.

Current Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-05 MSRP $1,800
130 Watts Per Channel X 7 (20Hz - 20KHz, .09% @ 8 Ohms)
THX Select 2 Plus
Air Studios Tuning / MCACC Room Correction
Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD High Resolution and DTS-HD Master Audio
192 kHz / 24-bit DAC Wolfson WM8740 DAC
Weight 40 lbs. 13 oz.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers/SC-05#specs

New receivers to look at:

Onkyo TX-RZ810 $1399
130 W/Ch (8 Ohms)
THX Select2 Plus Theater Reference Sound
5.2.2-Channel Dolby Atmos® & DTS:X®
HDMI® 8 In (1 Front), Main Out, Zone 2/Sub Out (HDCP 2.2/HDR*1)

Onkyo TX-RZ1100 $2199
140 W/Ch (8 Ohms)
THX® Select2™ Plus Certification
DTS:X™ & Dolby Atmos® up to 5.2.4 (7.2.4 with amp)
DTS Neural:X™ Upmixing for Legacy Formats
HDMI® 8 In (1 Front), Main Out, Zone 2 Out (HDCP 2.2/HDR*1)
Supports HDR10, Dolby Vision, BT2020, 4K/60Hz and HDCP 2.2

Marantz SR6012 $1,499
110 W Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive)
Audyssey MultEQ XT32
DTS:X™ & Dolby Atmos®
7.1.2 or 5.1.4 3D experience without an external amplifier; with an additional amp the set-up can expand to 7.1.4
High Dynamic Range (HDR), 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 and Dolby Vision pass-through on every input
8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (inc Zone 2)
Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ

Marantz SR8012 *** This currently is my favorite! But dam the price tag is wow! $2,999.89
11.2 channel AV Receiver with 205W per channel – Enough power to fill big rooms with renowned Marantz sound
Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility – 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
High-end build-quality for the ultimate in audio performance – Single board per channel power amplifier design; centrally mounted, oversized toroidal transformer; copper-plated chassis
Extended connectivity: ready to feed a TV and projector in parallel, and even a display in a second room – Eight HDMI inputs (including one front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; Three HDMI outputs (including Zone 2)
HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources – Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling
Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead – Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2), DTS:X™, and Auro-3D built-in
Advanced multiroom options; 11.2-channel processing with pre-outs for all channels; RS232 control; Crestron Connected > Audio and video around the home; expandable surround; ready for third party home automation systems
Delivering the ultimate optimization and equalization for your room – Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
Toroidal transformer

Sony STR-ZA5000ES $2,199.99
130 W per channel (9.2ch) discrete amplifiers, and 11.1 decoded pre-outputs
Supports HDR10 & Dolby Vision
7.1.2 or 5.1.4 3D experience without an external amplifier; with an additional amp the set-up can expand to 7.1.4
8 port gigabit ethernet switch
6-in/2-out HDMI connectivity with 4K/60p (4:4:4) pass-through and HDCP 2.2 support

The Sony will have to have extensive listening test before considering it to replace my Pioneer Elite SC-05! I will have to hear there current surround processing and make the decision if the amplifier section meets my requirements! I honestly have not cared for surround modes and amplifier sound quality in the past. I will keep an open mind am am not ready to cross it off the list. I have owned gear from Sony before and I was happy with it but previous receivers from Sony I personally found to be lacking in the amplifier department. And to be honest looking at the pictures of this and seeing what it offers considering my past feelings $2,200 for a Sony receiver is alot of money!

Rotel RSX-1562 $2,599
7 X 100 watts per channel
Doesn't have Dolby Atmos & DTS-X
HDMI® 1.4 with 3D support, no HDMI® 2.0 / HDCP 2.2

Without listing to many specs for this model which sounds very good and performs very well. And one could argue that this receiver is worth what they are asking for it sound quality wise. But given my goals and the specs and features I am looking for $2,599 is to much since it doesn't provide the features I am looking for! If I was not going for 4K switching and Atmos and X decoding and if I was just upgrading the Pioneer SC-05 and staying with 1080p switching this would be a great upgrade from what I currently have!

Rotel RSP-1580 $3,800

Anthem MRX-1120 $3,499
Price is just like the Marantz SR8012 at $2,999 and would take alot of serious sacrafice financially to be able to afford something like this in this price range unless my finances greatly improve. What I need is a huge break and for someone to offer me a good paying job!

Denon AVR-X4400H
Denon AVR-X6400H
Denon AVR-X7200WA

Yamaha RX-A1070
Yamaha RX-A2070
Yamaha RX-V3070

I have used a Yamaha RX-V995 as my surround receiver in the past and actually still use it with my pc! But todays RX-V models feel like toys are IMHO are not even in the same performance neighborhood as my old RX-V995 that I purchased back in 1997! I am going to audition the Aventage series but between the look of the from panel and the things feeling like toys when I pick one up no thanks! Not to mention it doesn't offer enough inputs and features not even on the low end cost side and I can not see myself being able to live with it in my system!

Will look into Integra!

Passing on Pioneer Elite as there reliability is in question over the past few years!

And lets face it the Arcam AVR850 @ $6,000 is way out of my price range as good as I am hearing it is there is no way my pocket book could ever afford it!

What ever I get will have to give me the best bang for the buck perform very well and sound great! And I already know that what ever I get there are other brands and models that would work just as well and I have to live with what ever I select and place in my home theater rack at home because it may be the last receiver I ever buy. Sorry was getting tired and lazy at the end and not putting in the specs and features. I might come back and edit that information in or maybe not until I knock down my list to 3-5 models close to time of purchase!

But if I hit the lottery I think everyone here will figure it out when I am talking about having a house built and a high end home theater room built to my specifications. And I might even get some extra gear to be given away on this forum, who knows.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Used my Christmas gift cards and purchased 7 more 4K UHD BD titles bringing me up to 69 4K titles which will be 70 titles when Terminator 2 arrives around Jan 2-4 hopefully! I had a goal this year of 40 titles on 4K UHD but there is nothing wrong with ending up with more than you planned. My goal if possible is a nice shinny new current surround receiver which has not happened since 1997 when I purchased my Yamaha RX-V995! Which means my 995 which is pulling amplification duties with the pc is over 20 years old and still kicking!

IMG_10287a.jpg

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
So I think it is time to really start building a list of receivers to research and listen to in person when it gets close to purchase time. The only problem is that there are less retailers in the So Cal area then there used to be. And the way I look at it if I can get upgraded to 4K video pass through switching and both Dolby Atmos and DTS-X decoding and nothing else happens after that then I am totally ok with that. But actually if everything stops and I just get some movies here and there if I really had to I could live with what I have but it would be nice to have matching rear speakers to my center channel. Because of technology changes I would love to catch up to what is available now and I would be more than happy once I am able to do that. I do not see myself having the must have feeling after I have a full 4K UHD chain from source to receiver to monitor! And once I have Atmos and X decoding and have the overhead speakers to go with a new receiver. I know have two 4K displays and my old Yamaha RX-V995 is being used with my pc so once I get another set of inexpensive Polk bookshelf speakers I will have 5.1 for my pc. If I can get my upgrades done the goal will shift to building the movie library and replacing something if it completely goes out. I guess I am at the point where what is available now is more than good enough and there are other things in life I want to do despite how much I love this hobby.

Current Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-05 MSRP $1,800
130 Watts Per Channel X 7 (20Hz - 20KHz, .09% @ 8 Ohms)
THX Select 2 Plus
Air Studios Tuning / MCACC Room Correction
Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD High Resolution and DTS-HD Master Audio
192 kHz / 24-bit DAC Wolfson WM8740 DAC
Weight 40 lbs. 13 oz.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers/SC-05#specs
Hey Dave.

I am not sure but I know a guy that owns his own shop and he deals in Anthem. He fixed several pieces of gear for me and hooked me up with a 5 yr old P5 Statement. He has toured the factory and is a big fan of the quality of their 1/8 inch copper circuit boards. Told me few companies build like they do. I might be able to get you a sweet deal on Anthem gear. I can't guarantee it but I could ask him. I agree with the new Yamaha's. The old saying they don't build them like they used to. I had a cheapo Onkyo before I got the seperates I have now, and I have to admit it was quite the unit for the price. I also have the same 3 head cassette deck by Onkyo. Never had a problem with either unit after years of operation. Gotta check out Onkyo TX-RZ920. High current to drive any impedance speakers. Atmos, DTS X, Compatible Dolby Vision. Don't know the price but worth a check. Good luck with the choice

New receivers to look at:

Onkyo TX-RZ810 $1399
130 W/Ch (8 Ohms)
THX Select2 Plus Theater Reference Sound
5.2.2-Channel Dolby Atmos® & DTS:X®
HDMI® 8 In (1 Front), Main Out, Zone 2/Sub Out (HDCP 2.2/HDR*1)

Onkyo TX-RZ1100 $2199
140 W/Ch (8 Ohms)
THX® Select2™ Plus Certification
DTS:X™ & Dolby Atmos® up to 5.2.4 (7.2.4 with amp)
DTS Neural:X™ Upmixing for Legacy Formats
HDMI® 8 In (1 Front), Main Out, Zone 2 Out (HDCP 2.2/HDR*1)
Supports HDR10, Dolby Vision, BT2020, 4K/60Hz and HDCP 2.2

Marantz SR6012 $1,499
110 W Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive)
Audyssey MultEQ XT32
High Dynamic Range (HDR), 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 and Dolby Vision pass-through on every input
8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (inc Zone 2)
Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ

Marantz SR8012 *** This currently is my favorite! But dam the price tag is wow! $2,999.89
11.2 channel AV Receiver with 205W per channel – Enough power to fill big rooms with renowned Marantz sound
Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility – 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
High-end build-quality for the ultimate in audio performance – Single board per channel power amplifier design; centrally mounted, oversized toroidal transformer; copper-plated chassis
Extended connectivity: ready to feed a TV and projector in parallel, and even a display in a second room – Eight HDMI inputs (including one front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; Three HDMI outputs (including Zone 2)
HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources – Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling
Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead – Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2), DTS:X™, and Auro-3D built-in
Advanced multiroom options; 11.2-channel processing with pre-outs for all channels; RS232 control; Crestron Connected > Audio and video around the home; expandable surround; ready for third party home automation systems
Delivering the ultimate optimization and equalization for your room – Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
Toroidal transformer

Sony STR-ZA5000ES $2,199.99
130 W per channel (9.2ch) discrete amplifiers, and 11.1 decoded pre-outputs
Supports HDR10 & Dolby Vision
8 port gigabit ethernet switch
6-in/2-out HDMI connectivity with 4K/60p (4:4:4) pass-through and HDCP 2.2 support

The Sony will have to have extensive listening test before considering it to replace my Pioneer Elite SC-05! I will have to hear there current surround processing and make the decision if the amplifier section meets my requirements! I honestly have not cared for surround modes and amplifier sound quality in the past. I will keep an open mind am am not ready to cross it off the list. I have owned gear from Sony before and I was happy with it but previous receivers from Sony I personally found to be lacking in the amplifier department. And to be honest looking at the pictures of this and seeing what it offers considering my past feelings $2,200 for a Sony receiver is alot of money!

Rotel RSX-1562 $2,599
7 X 100 watts per channel
Doesn't have Dolby Atmos & DTS-X
HDMI® 1.4 with 3D support, no HDMI® 2.0 / HDCP 2.2

Without listing to many specs for this model which sounds very good and performs very well. And one could argue that this receiver is worth what they are asking for it sound quality wise. But given my goals and the specs and features I am looking for $2,599 is to much since it doesn't provide the features I am looking for! If I was not going for 4K switching and Atmos and X decoding and if I was just upgrading the Pioneer SC-05 and staying with 1080p switching this would be a great upgrade from what I currently have!

Rotel RSP-1580 $3,800

Anthem MRX-1120 $3,499
Price is just like the Marantz SR8012 at $2,999 and would take alot of serious sacrafice financially to be able to afford something like this in this price range unless my finances greatly improve. What I need is a huge break and for someone to offer me a good paying job!

Denon AVR-X4400H
Denon AVR-X6400H
Denon AVR-X7200WA

Yamaha RX-A1070
Yamaha RX-A2070
Yamaha RX-V3070

I have used a Yamaha RX-V995 as my surround receiver in the past and actually still use it with my pc! But todays RX-V models feel like toys are IMHO are not even in the same performance neighborhood as my old RX-V995 that I purchased back in 1997! I am going to audition the Aventage series but between the look of the from panel and the things feeling like toys when I pick one up no thanks! Not to mention it doesn't offer enough inputs and features not even on the low end cost side and I can not see myself being able to live with it in my system!

Will look into Integra!

Passing on Pioneer Elite as there reliability is in question over the past few years!

And lets face it the Arcam AVR850 @ $6,000 is way out of my price range as good as I am hearing it is there is no way my pocket book could ever afford it!

What ever I get will have to give me the best bang for the buck perform very well and sound great! And I already know that what ever I get there are other brands and models that would work just as well and I have to live with what ever I select and place in my home theater rack at home because it may be the last receiver I ever buy. Sorry was getting tired and lazy at the end and not putting in the specs and features. I might come back and edit that information in or maybe not until I knock down my list to 3-5 models close to time of purchase!

But if I hit the lottery I think everyone here will figure it out when I am talking about having a house built and a high end home theater room built to my specifications. And I might even get some extra gear to be given away on this forum, who knows.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Almost forgot I need to get some quotes for at least to posters to be framed! I have the original DTS cinema poster and I need to frame the Star Trek Beyond very limited edition poster I won.

IMG_0022b.jpg

poster_zpsfhlhag3v.jpg

Also want to pick up a reprint of the original 1977 Star Wars Poster and a Dolby Atmos and DTS-X poster

Bob Bielski

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Bielski
I must of missed the post on my last quote from you.
Wanted to know if you checked out th TX-RZ920? Sounds quite fine to me. Maybe it's too pricey.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Since I have not started saving for the new receiver yet I have not yet started any listening test yet. Back around 2007 I checked out a Integra receiver and really liked it. And this time around I will be looking to an Integra model if my budget allows. Depends on my budget and how much money I am able to save up. The Integra's are a nice step up from the Onkyo's even though the two names have been separate for some time now.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
This is the year that I really need a better paying job that will also help me achieve the upgrades I would like to obtain within a reasonable amount of time. Right now I am amazed I have what I have and I am grateful and feel blessed to have what I have! Currently I would love to own a Marantz SR-8012 but that might be financially out of my reach and maybe I should be looking at something easier to obtain that will give me decent performance and work for what I want to achieve. The one thing I am looking at for my upgrade plan that is set in stone although not purchased yet is the Bowers & Wilkins 686 S2 bookshelf speakers (2 pair) that will match my current B&W center channel speaker then once a new receiver is purchased I can use my current Advent Marble speakers as Atmos height speakers till I can upgrade to B&W replacements. I also need to get back out on my own so if I can achieve this at least I can really do without any other upgrade for a very long time. Beyond the above upgrades described I would like to also get a Oppo 4K UHD Blu-ray player and to wrap it all up a 4K projector if the place I am living at will allow me enough space to do so. If not and I do not end up with a 4K projector then it would be nice to have a 75" - 80" 4K UHD TV to finish off my home theater system and put the final touches on what has been a long upgrade path to get me where I am today. To be honest I see that $2,999.98 price tag and I wonder if I am chasing after something that is beyond my reach, only time will tell.

Bowers And Wilkins 686 S2.jpg

Marantz SR8012.jpg

Below is what I have currently:

IMG_75539a.jpg

IMG_0215a.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am not ruling out this Yamaha if I have to downgrade and look at something in the mid 1K area

Yamaha RXA2070.jpg

This would end up being my second Yamaha receiver that I have ever owned if I go this route!

Dave HT 6_07b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks