What's new

My home theater in progress (1 Viewer)

Peter Walda

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter
First of all, I would like to offer my apologies for starting this post far too late in the process of building my room.

I was so fired up about the whole concept, that I simply kept building, without taking the time to make decent pictures.

It all started with us having a rather spacious basement (to Dutch standards) and had a room left over next to the bar and wellness area. It was a designated fitness room before, but as I am the fittest (ahum) we decided we did not need the room ;-)

About 4 weeks ago, the idea of a home theater popped up and from there on, it all went pretty quick. And before I knew it, research followed building and buying....

This is what is in place today:

-Walls painted
-Acquired Marantz SR7009 receiver
-Teufel theater 500 mk2 surround set bought and installed
-Dedicated pc installed
-Ps4 wired and installed
-Ziddoo mediaplayer installed
-Bought used cinema seating and mounted it to plates
-First acoustic panels for absorption built and hung
-Posters hung

The room was quite finished already before we started, it just needed the black paint and cabling nicely tucked away

What still needs to be done:

-Corner bass traps built and installed
-Replace ceiling panels for black ones
-Buy and install a HD beamer
-get more props and decoration.

Some pictures attached and sorry for the lighting, I will post better shots next time.....

2015-12-31%2015.36.54_zpskwvsakue.jpg

Right side of the room

2016-01-04%2019.25.38_zps11hpoe5l.jpg
Left side, with the space for equipment

2016-01-04%2019.24.54_zps2hqm6jtz.jpg
Better view of the acoustic panels in grey and red (these are with felt)

2016-01-04%2019.24.11_zpspg6sftkl.jpg
View from right outside the room.

I know my room is by far not up to the standard that some of you guys have set, but I am trying :)

Suggestions are more than welcome.......

mshepp

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Looking good so far.

With your PC that you've hooked up what kind of specs have you gone for. I've been trying to price one up for myself but can't really narrow it down, it's between a custom built PC or a NAS.

Anyway, setup is looking good so far and looking forward to seeing the progress.

Peter Walda

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter
Hi mshepp,

It is quite a basic Dualcore 2.4 pc, nothing fancy, with a Nvidea graphics card which can handle hdmi.

I am looking to get a creative audigy in there to have optical output, the current one has coaxial and is ok, but I want to improve, as I like my music better on the pc, using mediamonkey.

Movies and series, I play using the ziddoo mediaplayer and are stored on a synology NAS.

I am contemplating running Emby or Plex Server on the pc to have more library features, but at the moment I am quite happy with how Kodi handles it on the ziddoo.

The PC also acts as a download station, as I do not really like my NAS doing this.

One thing I did find having a big impact is replacing my switches for managed Gigabit ones, this allows me to apply QoS on the traffic and makes file transfer a lot smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks