My HDTV receiver won't show OTA HDTV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by William Ward, Aug 7, 2001.

1. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

I have a Mitsubishi SRHD5 receiver and have been having problems with local OTA HDTV. When I got the thing home on Saturday, I ran a local channel scan and got four digital channels from the OTA Antenna. I was watching these downconverted to 480i on my 32" directview set.
    When I tried to watch them on my 55" WS on Sunday, they were gone. I checked the signal meter for the antenna and all four channels were registering up to 100 on the accuracy. They never really dropped out and most were between 75-95.
    I remember originally they had a -1 in front of the regular channel number. For instance, CBS HD was on channel 11-1 AND 31-1(don't know why it was there twice). Now, it just says CBS HD on channel 31(no -1). Same thing for all the other channels.
    I want my HDTV!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------
    William
    Go Bucs!!
    MyDVDs

2. Eram Syed

Eram Syed Extra

Try rebooting the receiver.
    ------------------
    Eram
    ---------------------
    TV=Sony 53HS10, DVD=Sony DVP-550D, CD=Sony CDP-C335, DSS=Dish 6000 + 8VSB, PVR 501, Dish 301, Receiver=Marantz SR5000, Speakers=JBL M28, JBL PSW-D110, VCR=Panasonic PV-V4620

3. William Ward

The strange thing is we just had a black-out yesterday. When the power came back, I could get all five digital channels. After the receiver was on for an hour or two, it "figured out" the area and had all the local channel information. It also had the Digital channels listed at their base number instead of just "local" with the number and a -1 after it. I can only get one HD channel right now without entering it manually and that is PBS. I can manually enter the channel number for CBS-HD but that's because my receiver is picking up two channel numbers. I can switch to the one that isn't on the main channel number but not the one that is.
    ------------------
    William
    Go Bucs!!
    MyDVDs

4. William Ward

My latest attempts have yielded a solid NBC affiliate mapped on channel 2-2, and a PBS channel at 9-1 or 80-3. I can actively receive these channels with all my DirecTV stuff working. I can also clear the local area zip codes and basically wipe out the guide. This will allow me to manually enter the digital channels to find them. However, I can't get DirecTV up at the same time. I have to go back in and set the zip code so that the guide will update to include the DirecTV. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------
    William
    Go Bucs!!
    MyDVDs

5. Brian Mello

Brian Mello Stunt Coordinator

Did you change your receiver setting from 480i to 1080i? I have the DST-3000 and I hate the way it scans and saves channels. You also cannot save a channel while you are checking signal strength.