What's new

My HDTV blurs slightly on the left and right sides (1 Viewer)

Josh Q S

Stunt Coordinator
HDTV - Zenith D36D53 HDTV/Monitor

I've noticed that that the far left and right edges are blurry when compared to the center of my screen. It's especially noticeable when I'm using my HDTV as my PC monitor via VGA input at 800x600 (fine text becomes almost unreadable).

I've fiddle around with those 2 focusing knobs in the back, but it didn't seem like it addressed the sides... Then again, I didn't notice it at the time the TV was opened up, and I was using a poor source for focusing.

Should I re-open/cut a small hole in the back of my HDTV and fiddle around with the focus some more? Is there some service menu setting I should look for and adjust?

Any help/info on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
It depends if this is an electron beam focus problem, or more likely an optical focus problem. I'm not familiar with the lenses or menu options on your set, so likely one of the ISF guys will chime in, but it sounds like you may need one or both of these things dialed in and focused well. You may want to consider having a pro do it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks