What's new

My HDM Impressions... One Month Later (2 Viewers)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ric,

Not sure how much ISF calibration is nowadays. I think it started at around $400 5-6 years ago for basic ISF calibration. I didn't do it for my relatively inexpensive Panny 53", but I did try most of the usual DIY tweaks, including fine focusing the individual CRTs -- the Panny's were notable for being very tweakable. I think I probably need to redo the focusing now that I've gone Blue, but I do loathe having to open up the TV again (both front and back) to do both basic and fine focusing again among other things. One problem w/ a CRT HDTV is choosing to optimize between the different supported formats/resolutions (and the requisite compromises involved). If you optimize for 1080i/p, it might make scan lines more visible at 480i/p for instance. Of course, fixed pixel displays have compromises there also...

_Man_

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
As soon as I get my free ones I will post the results. Have both systems and prefer my PS3 for an all in one machine with minimum cables. Every BR so far has been perfect. 30 in my library. Broke down and bought the HD sampler to check out my A2 and it played fine. I will not invest in any HD until I do a full check out with the free ones just like I did with the PS3. Went on line and both a load for $10 each before Christmas at Outpost and Amazon.

I hope the PS3 lasts as that is my only concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks