What's new

My hard drive is missing???? (1 Viewer)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Hey guys!
i keep all my programs and files on my c drive
i keep all pics music and movies on my d drive

went to look at some pics yesterday and my d drive is missing! it isnt recognizing it. i cant find it. all my stuffs gone!

i use windows xp. anyone know of any culprits?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Only had it happen a couple times after messing around in the case and turned out I knocked the power connector loose. Check the cables -- power/IDE/Serial at the drive and MB 1st unless you're hearing funky noises coming out of the case then it might be a HDD failure.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Also, check the device manager under disk drives and see if it lists two drives. If there's a problem with the D drive, it might show an error there.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I assume that you have two physical hard drives. In that case, check the physical connections. If you have two logical drives on separate partitions of the same physical drive we have a whole other set of possible problems to consider. Let us know.

Regards,

Joe

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
It could be anything from a loose cable to "stick-tion" where the platters have difficulty spinning up, to a virus to an outright drive failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks