My H/K AVR510 Heats Up Too Much...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sheldon, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Sheldon

Sheldon Stunt Coordinator

While listening to fm it's not too bad but after only 4 songs on cd,it's quite hot.It's in a well vented area and nothing is on top.With my older Pioneer,I could listen virtually all day without it getting anywhere near this warm.Any suggestions?

2. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

H/K's do run pretty warm, but I've never had a heat-related failure with any of mine. I really wouldn't worry about it.
    ------------------
    John Golitsis
    Next Big Thing Electronics

3. Rob Robinson

Rob Robinson Second Unit

yeah, even my avr-110, with it's mammoth 40w x 5, gets HOT during normal usuage.
    I've never had it flake out or anything, so I would assume that as long as you keep it well ventilated, you'll be fine.

4. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Hi Guys,
    Are the H/K's 10 series of receivers known to run warm? Or even hot if pushed?
    Reason asking is, neighbor is looking to pick-up a new 210 for 195.00 (a steal I think) and want to let him know of this possible situation. He is rack equiped, and room for the receiver will only be about 3 inches top no front or back so it's relativly open around it.
    Should he be concered? Just warm or we talking can get fried egg hot when pushed, or if on (volume low) for a long time?
    Geoff

5. Rob Robinson

Rob Robinson Second Unit

just "warm", but perhaps a little "warmer" than the average componet...
    definately not too hot to touch or anything. I would definately pick that up at that price too. My 110 was $350.

6. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Thanks Rob,
    Heat is usually a killer, and I think he ~(the nieghbor)~ can rest at ease now.
    Thanks again,
    Geoff

7. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

It is the nature of high current amps (like in the HK) to run quite warm and even hot when pushed.
    Do not worry about it, it's the Nature of the Beast!
    ------------------
    Sean
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"