What's new

My Grave of the Fireflies didn't come with the inner insert thing. (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
Does anyone know how I should get it? Or does it not come with one? I bought the last copy at the place I got it at, so I can't return it for another one. Any suggestions?

Carlo

Grip
Hi there,

What do you mean by inner insert? As far as I know, my copy of GOTF only had the registration card as the insert.

Carlo

StephenA

Screenwriter
I don't know what they are called, but I mean the thing where they put the chapters on. The DVD came with nothing inside the case but the DVD itself.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't come with one.

If you (carefully!) remove the cover art insert (the art that is visible from the outside of the box) from its clear plastic holder (open the spine as wide as you can and the front bows out, allowing easy removal), then you will see that there is printing on the back of the cover art, and that includes the chapter stop list.

By the way, the item you are grasping for a name of is commonly referred to by many names: Chapter Stop Insert (my choice), liner notes, collector card or collector booklet, inside card, etc. Many DVD's don't come with them, unfortunately. None of the Sony music discs or their Sesame Street or Underdog discs, for instance. MGM titles that retail for $9.99 usually skip them, such as Scanners just off the top of my head (It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World also comes to mind).

Don't worry about it. Make you're own if you miss it. I just wish they were standard equipment on all releases...how much can they cost?

Incidentally, if you look at the bottom left side of the back of the Grave of the Fireflies box, it says in a red strip "Please See Reverse Side For Liner Notes". Cheers,

StephenA

Screenwriter
Ok, thanks. I never encountered this before, not having one. I have 104 DVDs now, and all but that one have the liner note thing. I guess I can't take it for granted that all come with one.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
CPM ALWAYS does that, it saves money on printing because they can just run the cover twice. They've been putting newer releases in clear keepcases so that people notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks