My Gosh....The Stones....Mixed Venues......Pre-sale starts today @10am

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Bamberger, May 8, 2002.

1. Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger Second Unit

www.cc.com for details of the tour......
    Now, if I had money to see them again, you can join the Sam Goody get access program for $60 for a year, which gets you into to presales. The Stones tix go on sale Saturday, but the presale is today at 10am!
    No way I can afford to see them at CMGI, but I might try and snag tix to the Orpheum show.
    Schedule
    Don't forget, it looks like that if you want to do the pre-sale, you have to join through the site above and access the shows from there, and not directly to ticketmaster.

2. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Since when is Giants Stadium in NYC?

They're playing at the Tower in Philly? Wow, that would be sweet. Much better than an arena, I would think.

How much are tickets going to be through Ticketmaster?

3. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

I'm a big Stones fan, but I won't pay $60 pre-sale admission fee, before actually buying a ticket.

4. Grant B

Grant B Producer

They are giving early access to SF Giants season ticket holders since they are playing Pac Bell Park (which I am)

Who wants to be my friend?

5. Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger Second Unit

In the Boston paper, it was noted that the Orpheum Theater show will have all seats (2800) at $50. To me, this is a great price if you can get tickets....

The CMGI Field seats are going to be like: $50, $80, $125, $350 or something like that.

6. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I have 4 and am $433 poorer

7. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

I'm not really a stones fan, but the Tower theater in Philly is amazing. Its a converted movie theater, and the atmosphere along with the sound in that place is awesome. If you have the chance to see any of your fav. bands at the Tower, GO!

JQ

8. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

9. David Rubenstein

David Rubenstein Stunt Coordinator

I grew up outside of Philly and I went to a bunch of shows at the Tower in the 80's.

One of my favorite venues!

10. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

11. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

I saw Nirvana at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago, it is a fantastic small venue. The Stones there will be incredible. Wish I had some serious cash right now.

12. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Without being nasty about it, can someone explain why neither the Stones or McCartney could be bothered to come up to the Pac North West. If Seattle's too small I'd think Vancouver, BC would have been a good choice.

Not that I'm that keen to see the Stones (unless I can catch a time machine back to the Exile tour), but San Francisco is a little out of the way (and a $200 filght from Seattle).

13. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

They may add dates as they go along, but I am surprised that they didn't schedule Seattle. In fact, they will probably add some Canadaian dates. BTW - That 72 tour was supposed to be pretty good. I've got the 3-13-72 Leeds show, and there is a great version of Little Queenie on it.

14. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I got the same show Samuel. It's too bad that it never came out legit. I also got a Dallas show from the IORRBILI tour that's pretty good.

15. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Did anyone here actually get small venue tickets through the presale? I joined mainly in hopes I'd get something for one of those shows - obviously they'll be a bitch and a half to get through normal methods - but came up totally empty. I couldn't get tickets to ANYTHING for more than SEVEN HOURS! They really screwed the pooch for this sucker - the presale was a serious mess. Well, at least when I DID get through, I landed a pair of fourth row seats for the DC stadium show - that made the $60 I dropped for the service more acceptable, though I still plan to chew out these folks for promising more than they could deliver...