What's new

My god in heaven. Please tell me this is not real.... (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Please anyone, someone tell me that is not the real box art for Shenmue 2:

I've seen this picture at 3 major e-tailers now. Someone say it aint so:frowning:

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
What.. the.. hell?

Ryo looks NOTHING, i mean NOTHING, like that

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
cover looks squished. Looks like a fake mockup.
The xbox logo on the top left is too small in comparison with REAL xbox covers. The "only on xbox" logo is too small too. The big green X jewel in the top right is also too big!
The rating symbol is too small, and the sega logo is too small too.

Overall the pic looks squashed on the sides. looks like those fake mockups EB and whatnot use to get preorders.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
But they had to get that picture from somewhere. I doubt EB hired an artist to come up with that for their mockups.

Looks like some of the bad Artwork Gamepro used to have on their covers (I have no idea if they still do that now though).

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Yes that has got to be fake, look above the title of Shen Mue the movie....its appears to be in Japanese, Microsoft would definetely translate that. Also the title would never ever get cut off like that. If Sega lets MS use that I will not buy PDO.......well maybe not.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
ryu looks like a black guy. awful. i am not racist, but that thing sure looks ugly. can yu suzuki sue them for that?

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
if i created a game and the marketting people on the other side of the planet created their own image of my game that looks as bad as that, i would be very angry. but i really have no idea whether it can be disputed or not.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's almost as bad as dub-only
BTW: I have the DVD already that they're including. I challenge anyone to actually get through it :) Suffice to say, Shemue is much more fun to play than watch

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
thats the box my local software etc. has on display w/coming soon sticker,they have been on the money so far.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Ahh, game cover art. Has there EVER been a U.S. cover that did the original Japanese art any justice??

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
SHenmue 1 had a different cover before it came out, there is some hope

I don't understand what's wrong with the Japanese art.....

Actually, most companies are using the same art across the board. Back in the early PSX days there was a gigantic uproar over Street Fighter Alpha, when the US cover was horrific and the J one was great. THey've finally figured out that 'too Japanese" isn't an issue

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
"Can you tell me where I can find a... plastic surgeon?" -Ryu
(Bad elderly voice acting)
"Oooooh, I'm sorry young man!!!!! I don't knooow.."
:laugh::laugh:
God I hope that is a joke... I almost fell out of my chair laughing.
I am so glad I have the Dreamcast version of Shenmue 2.
~j

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks