What's new

My girlfriend's Jane-6Pack friend (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Alas, no matter what formats are out there, no matter if 16:9 screens become the norm, we shall always have the "fill-my-whole-screen" philistines among us. I've heard people complaining that those newfangled HDTV thingies are "too narrow." These Pavlovian throwbacks are conditioned to see the world through a squarish frame. Anything wider becomes "narrow"--unless, of course, it fills one's entire field of vision, as in a commercial cinema.

There is no saving these people.

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
Eric, I printed off several examples from the site you referred me to so we'll see what her reaction is tonight. As stubborn as she is I'm guessing it won't make a difference. Oh well, it's off to Blockbuster to find some full screen movies, yippeeee.

Right now, my girlfriend is probably on some Lifetime Channel Chat Forum board posting about how her boyfriend forced her to watch Ghostbusters and flip back and forth between the elevator scene on DVD vs. VHS until she realized how much of the picture she was missing.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Don't you mean an Oxygen forum. That channel has got to be the crappiest channel on TV today, and I have nothing against feminists either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks