What's new

My Girlfriend Won A Mini (cooper That Is) (1 Viewer)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
YUP

This is great. A Local Radio station was running this contest all summer. People were giving chances to win a Key and a place in line to win the car.

Now the best part her and her friend just decided to go to lunch at the place where the radio station was having the final Drawing. This was where all the people who won keys over the summer were going to see if they won the car. A few people who won keys did not show up for the final to try and win and the radio station held a drawing to give away the remaining keys. Well as luck would have it she won a key and a place in line to try and win. She was 82nd in line picked a key out of a big bin put it in the car and CHA CHING it worked.

The best part is that she had no Idea that this contest was going on. She went to lunch and won a car :D :D

For a small car it has Tons of room. Im 6'3" and I have no problem fitting in it.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
she saw the way I drove her old car and there is no way Im ever gonna get behind the wheel of the mini.

Lowell_B

Second Unit
That has to be the coolest story I've heard in a long time. The funny thing is, living in Mass, I kept hearing about that promotion on either FNX or WBCN, so it brings a kind of local flavor to the whole thing.

Congratulations to your GF, I love those little Mini's. If only I was so lucky, I can't even remember the last time I won anything, let alone a brand new car. :)

Lowell

Steven K

Supporting Actor
FNX was giving the car away? Damn, I should listen more often, but Storm and Birdsey seem to have gone the Howard Stern route...

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i heard about that promotion on wbcn, didnt know about fnx. i like that little car though. and at supercars.net, they have this car, a mini with the new M3 motor in there. :eek:

CJ

Stefan A

Second Unit
About 15 or 20 years ago, my parents won a cadilac. Obviously they were very excited. But, when they found out how much taxes they had to pay, the excitement wore off. They couldn't afford the taxes so they had to sell it. Still ended up with a free car - although a cheaper one.

I hope everything works out for her. Congratualtions!

Stefan

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
just out of curiosity, did she have to pay state tax or anything like that? i've always wondered about how that works.

[edit] oh yeah...CONGRATS! :emoji_thumbsup:

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Quick, have her buy a lottery ticket before that incredible luck runs out. Congratulations to her.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
she did have to pay taxes on it. but not to much I think it was about a grand.......hell not bad for a new car.:D :D

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I nevr really paid too much to them untill I saw the Italian Job. Now I want one!!

Congrats!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Mark,

The money now is likely just the excise tax on it. You have to pay income tax on it too. Still a free car though... ! Awesome!

My dad won a Jeep Wrangler a few years ago. I picked out the key that won too. :)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I believe that car is valued at ~20k depending on options. She'll probably get a 1099 IRS Form around tax time and have to claim the 20k as income. The grand tax she just paid was probably just the sales tax to get it registered.

Still, the tax may be 5-8k, so still a sweet car for that price !

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
WELL SHE IS NOW MY "X" GIRLFRIEND

BUT I DID WISH HER WELL ON THE NEW CAR

OOOPS SORRY BOUT THE CAPS IM NOT YELLING

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
FNX was giving the car away? Damn, I should listen more often, but Storm and Birdsey seem to have gone the Howard Stern route...
Steve, give them a listen again. They moved Storm and Birdsey down to their Providence radio station and switched 101.7 Boston/Lynn back to an all-music format like it was 10 years ago. Plus, they're playing much better music that they have been in the past couple of years.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Oh boy Mark, when's the movie coming out. At first, I thought you were kidding... Seriously, there is a made-for-tv movie in here somewhere.

Seems like your ex ran away with the Mini Cooper... I also think there is a Mini commercial in this too...

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks