My GC is ticking me off!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cameron Jensen, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Cameron Jensen

Cameron Jensen Auditioning

Played it 1 day and the controller died. Glad I bought a spare so I can at least play but some of the two player goodness that I was planning for today is hosed.

If your wondering what broke: The analog stick quit working normally. It always goes left or down no matter what you do to it. It was the unit that came with my GC. Now I have to figure out how I can get EB to swap it out.

Cameron

2. Mike Johnston

Mike Johnston Auditioning

Did you try resetting the controller? If you press X, Y, and Start at the same time, the controller is reset and the sticks become normal.

3. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Mike's right. It sounds as if the controller's neutral position got screwed up. Do what he says that should fix the problem.

And just so you know, when you turn on your Gamecube, make sure that the control sticks are all at their neutral position in the center. If you have it pushed in another direction, the system will set that position as neutral and your controls will be screwed up.

4. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

I remember that problem happening with the N64 controllers, too. What Mike suggested should take care of it.

5. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

I have to say that I think everyone has nailed it. The Dreamcast does the same thing with recalibrating its analogue controller, as well.

6. Joe michaels

Joe michaels Second Unit

When you turn on any system with analog sticks you have to be sure they aren't pushed in any direction. If they are upside down on the floor this can cause a proble. Sometimes though, you get a lame stick that kinda moves into one direction which is not good.

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think this is true for all consoles with analog stick controllers. PSX, PS2, N64, DC, GCN, and probably XB.

8. Cameron Jensen

Well guys it didn't work. The controller is defective. It will only go right. Not up down or left. [​IMG]
    Going through warranty service is such a pain. I will probably just bite the bullet and buy a new one, but this does really suck.
    Cameron

9. Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray Second Unit

then i would return the defective one in the package of the new one you got... faster than service.

10. Cameron Jensen

I may just do that!

Cameron

11. Cameron Jensen

OK I did it. Success. I now have 3 working controllers. [​IMG]
    Cameron

12. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

[​IMG]

13. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I went to five stores yesterday looking for another controller for my 'cube so I could play some multiplaya Super Monkey Ball, hell I can't find even a generic controller.

15. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I have the controller it came with, a third party one, and I might have a third regular controller (its a long story).