What's new

My friend is trying to talk me into this receiver, what do you think? (1 Viewer)

Cory

Auditioning
It's a Yamaha RXV730 Dolby Digital 6.1 w/75 watts per channel. Now he's got one that is similar and I heard it, the imaging is incredible!!! Much better than my old piece of junk Kenwood 5.1.

What I want is a good 6.1 receiver for $600 or under. The one above is only $400, but I think it's because it is an older model. The next model up is the Yamaha RXV740 and it is $600. He said that the $400 model has everything I need and more. What do you think?

If there is a BETTER receiver you can recommend for $600 or under, I am open to suggestions!! Please help! Just so you know, I have the Boston Acoustics VR Reference floorstanding towers, large VR Reference center, and Bi/Dipole VR Reference rears (about two years old).

Thanks so much for any/all help you can provide! I know nothing about what is out and what is good or bad. Thanks again!

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
If you are willing to wait a little bit, prices on the Denon AVR 3803 should be dropping in price soon (to around $600) as they introduce the 3805. 110 watts/per, 7.1 and all the bells and whistles, video up-conversion. It has a more neutral/warm sound than the Yamaha, which can be a bit too bright for some.

Cory

Auditioning
Wow, I might be able to swing that! Depends on how long of a wait that would be, I am VERY impatient!

I have been researching Yamaha's line and I've found two that I like a lot:
First is the Yamaha RX-V740, cheapest I've found this is $425. I really like the features of this model, they seem like they'd be a perfect fit for me, even the price! Also, from what I've read, people seem to really like this receiver.

The second that I have found that I like is the Yamaha RX-V1400, cheapest I've found this is $570. I REALLY like the Yamaha Parametric Acoustic Room Optimizer (YPAO) feature of this model! That sounds like an incredible feature! The price isnt bad either, so I may be sold on this unit, I just may be!

What do you guys think?

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Yamaha RX-V730 which I just bought from Ultimate Electronics for $320, I really like it!

EddyObregon

Stunt Coordinator
well i heard that the yamaha 1400 sounds less bright than earlier models. Denon as i know has always sounded to thin. How does the denon 2803 and yamaha 1400 compare. does the yamaha sound thin next to the denon 2803. that is the yamaha 1400 ofcourse

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Dont do the 730... Im afraid it doesnt have enough power to run VRM's! I had a rxv-440 75X6 on a pair of boston VR series, not VRM'S! I upgraded to a RXV-1400 and it is a whole world of difference. Much much cleaner, with alot more headroom. I would look into a receiver, denon, yamaha, that is 100 or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks