My friend has just been kicked out of her apartment

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ricardo C, May 11, 2002.

1. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

She's been living with friends, but management ordered her to leave or else they'd evict the entire family. Now, she's officially homeless. She has a job, but no home. Worst of all, she lives so far away (Michigan) that I can't even ask her to stay at my place [​IMG] She's freakin' 19 years old, and her own parents won't let her go home. I don't know what the hell to do [​IMG]

2. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    Your friend needs to look in the newspaper under "rooms to rent". Typically an older person will try to get extra income by renting out a room in their house. It's usually cheaper than an apartment, although compatibility is a big issue. She could also check if the local YWCA can give her a place to stay. These options may sound extreme, but you called her:

3. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

4. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Most apartment leases now include clauses that prevent you from having prople stay for longer than a week. Though, I would be interested to know how the complex found out.

Anyway, Nathan had a few really good ideas. Those are the only options I can think of.

C. Ryan

5. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

Weekly rates at a hotel.