1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

My friend has just been kicked out of her apartment

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ricardo C, May 11, 2002.

1. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Ricardo C
    She's been living with friends, but management ordered her to leave or else they'd evict the entire family. Now, she's officially homeless. She has a job, but no home. Worst of all, she lives so far away (Michigan) that I can't even ask her to stay at my place [​IMG] She's freakin' 19 years old, and her own parents won't let her go home. I don't know what the hell to do [​IMG]

2. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    Your friend needs to look in the newspaper under "rooms to rent". Typically an older person will try to get extra income by renting out a room in their house. It's usually cheaper than an apartment, although compatibility is a big issue. She could also check if the local YWCA can give her a place to stay. These options may sound extreme, but you called her:

3. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

4. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Most apartment leases now include clauses that prevent you from having prople stay for longer than a week. Though, I would be interested to know how the complex found out.

Anyway, Nathan had a few really good ideas. Those are the only options I can think of.

C. Ryan

5. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

Weekly rates at a hotel.