What's new

My first thread...sub questions (1 Viewer)

Ali_Techra

Auditioning
Hi all, new to the forum.

Anywho, I've checked the "Primer" and did some searching but could not find the answer to my question.

I currently have 2 Definitive Technologies BP2000TLs that have a 15" powered sub in each. Unfortunatly, my Onkyo 777 has only one sub (LFE) output. I've used a "Y" splitter on it now and it works fine.

I plan to eventually add some Tactile Transducers to my system (and perhaps more subs :) ) and I'm wondering if there is a limit on how many times you can split the subwoofer RCA output?

In car audio they have ratings of the voltage of the pre-outs (ie:4 volts), but I was unable to find such a rating for home theater receivers and was wondering if there is a point of splitting where it will pull too much signal and take away from the other subs?

Thanks!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Ali,

Welcome to the Forum!

I plan to eventually add some Tactile Transducers to my system (and perhaps more subs and I'm wondering if there is a limit on how many times you can split the subwoofer RCA output?
It should be safe to split the signal 3-4 times. Any signal loss can be made up for by boosting the sub’s level.

The way your post is worded it sounds like you intend to drive the tranducers directly from the LFE output. Hopefully you know you can’t do that?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks