What's new

My first so called reference quality disc KIng Kong (1 Viewer)

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I had the blu ray player for less than a month. The first BD I got was Terminator 2 (it was cheap) I thought it looked pretty good, better than DVD.

Then I got The Omega Man (also on sale) and that looked pretty good too. Neither knocked my socks off though. I pretty much figured both of these were not the best BD had to offer (and I am sure, in the future there will be an all inclusive Terminator 2 BD that does truly knock off socks). I also got one of my favorites, Superman:The Movie and thought it looked terrific but the socks stayed on.

Now I get King Kong and finally, there go the socks!

Man, that is one handsome picture on the King Kong disc.

It takes longer for KK to load than the other BD's I got but no problems with playback and sampling of the features.

I feel like I've finally come into the blu-ray fold.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Of the 120+ Blu-ray disc's I own, this one sits on the top of the stack, by far the best looking Blu-ray disc I own. I watched it for the second time tonight and I was yet amazed, again.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
I also love this release.

5 star PQ & AQ, both versions of the movie----really this is the kind of movie that really is perfect for the format.

Standard DVD needed two discs..........
HD DVD couldn't have branching and didn't have lossless sound.........
Laserdisc would have required 2 discs and two flips...:laugh:

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Michael,

The other titles you mentioned certainly are nothing to write home about, whether it's the transfer, as with T2, or the production style of Superman...those titles aren't known for their demo quality. King Kong certainly is a better example of BD, and you have many, many other titles to look forward to.

Glad you're onboard with BD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks