What's new

My First Shot at a Hompage/check it out (1 Viewer)

HO NGUYEN

Agent
Link Removed
First one so when I can figure out how to use my Frontpage I'll post some more in detail pics and descriptions. Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
------------------

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Not bad for a first time. Note that the majority of surfers will not capture your whole page's width. I have mine set for 1024x768 and even at that resolution, I was worried that some people that have their systems set to 866x600 or less would not get the whole width without having to scroll sideways.
orangeman
------------------
Neil's H.T. Site
(plus large selection of H.T.Links and movie images)

JerryHatchett

Stunt Coordinator
Ho, that's a good start. Let me suggest that you resist the urge to have the black background. I'm looking at it in a bright ambient environment and have a difficult time reading your text.
Take a look at every top-traffic site that you can think of in the online world. Note the colors of them. There's a reason.
wink.gif

Again, good start and best of luck to you with it as you continue.
Jerry
------------------

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Nice set up and good looking web page.
------------------
If loving Home Theater is
wrong, I don't want to be
right!!!

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
As others have mentioned, narrow the page a little. I would design for 1024x768 max.
Also the Outlaw 1050 is 65wpc instead of 165. Don't ya hate typos?
tongue.gif

------------------AOL Instant Messenger Name: kyler70

Kevin Peak

Agent
Real Name
Kev
Yes, but it looks like he has the 750 amp, hooked up through his B&K Reference 20.
The 750 is 165wpc
so yes, it was a typo... :)
------------------
Thanks,
kevp

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Nice setup and neat page. My suggestion is to have it scale with browser size. Don't design it for a particular resolution, but rather design it in such a way that whatever the viewer's resolution the page will look good.
------------------
This screen has been formatted to fit your movie.

HO NGUYEN

Agent
Thank you for all the feedback. I corrected the info on the Outlaw. As far as the Mitsubishi goes I like it very much. I wish I would have waited a year later I could have gotten the 55807 cheaper than I paid for the 46805. I guess that's how things are in high end electronics. I did have to do a lot of tweaking to the TV to get it to my standards. I am now experimenting with HTPC and so far I love it. Once I purchase a new computer I will use my existing one strictly for HTPC. I plan on purchasing the new Outlaw Preamp when it becomes available and sell my B&K. Once again thank you for all the input.
------------------

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Looks great Ho! Sweet ride BTW!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Alfer
------------------
Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at Link Removed
Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks