What's new

My first rue experience ever with D-Theater. (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
The store was playing U-571 on a LG plasma model. The scene showing was when the new captain was plotting how to strike the boat above while they were dropping depth charges. Well all I can say is WOW!!! That picture was so incredible the sweat and water on everyone's faces in the sub was so fine and detailed I was floored. I will play this tonight in the Zenith and hope I get something close to it. You D-Theater owners I can see why you order those movies even on tape medium, just incredible.

Greg Black

Second Unit
Wow, and you saw all that detail when it was being downconverted to 720p? That is what plasmas run at, correct? I wonder how it compares to the SD DVD upconverted to 1080i?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

I thought D-Tapes only had standard Dolby Digital, how is it improved?

david*mt

Second Unit
The Dolby tracks are recorded at the maximum bit-rate and many newer D-VHS titles feature full-bit rate DTS tracks as well. I can only imagine how the full-bit DTS track on Master and Commander sounds because the DVD sounds incredible.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Ah, I haven't been following it very closely then because I didn't know they had finally brought DTS to the format.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
The DTS track on the U-571 DVD is pretty damn impressive so if the D-Theater's sound is even better I'd like to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks