My first RPTV. THX config just as good as avia or s/v?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Khary, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Khary

Khary Auditioning

I recently bought my first RPTV, the JVC iart AV-48WP30. Picture looks great but like a lot of people I like to tweak everything to be perfect. Is the THX setup as good as the avia or s/v setup dvds? I have my audio sounding the way I like so im more looking for the quality of the video.

Thanks

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

the THX setup lacks a lot of the things that make Avia so great. Just go out and get Avia block off some hours in your day and have it, in the end you will find the time well worth it.

3. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

The THX isn't nearly as comprehensive as AVIA, so I'd strongly recommend you go ahead and get a copy.

That being said, the THX is better than nothing and quite easy to do. Sometimes the mastering of an individual title varies a bit from the standard set by VE or AVIA, in which case using the THX feature if included on the disc will result in a better picture for that particular title.

I have my set adjusted per AVIA, but when I play a disc with the THX feature I always check it too. Usually the only deviation from the AVIA settings is a few clicks of the brightness adjustment.

4. Khary

Khary Auditioning

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go out and get me a copy this week then.

Kelley_B

5. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer