What's new

My first receiver....... I need some recommendations for installation (1 Viewer)

Hi all :)
Ok, I just bought the following...
Harman Kardon AVR 225
JBL S-CenterII
JBL S36 (front)
JBL N26 (surround)
JBL PB12
I need some recommendation before the installation to obtain the best performance of the equipment.
Thanks for the help. :)
PS: this is my first Home Theater..... soooo.... my first installation :D

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Albert,

First, welcome to the Forum!

Not sure exactly what you’re asking here – about the only “performance” related issues before the installation are speaker placement and size of speaker wire used.

Obviously we can’t make recommendations of the former without information on your room.

For speaker wiring, use 14ga. or (even better) 12ga. If you plan to run any of the wiring in-wall, be sure and use wire rated for in-wall installation.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
Go out and get yourself an SPL meter and calibrate the system. It will make a huge difference!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Pick up a copy of Avia or Sound & Vison HT Tuneup to go along with that SPL meter. Not only will they cover setup info and have test tones (both audio and video), they will also show you how to use your SPL meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks