My first preorder from DVDPlanet was a failure

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve T, Jun 6, 2001.

1. Steve T

Steve T Stunt Coordinator

George Benson's 'Breezin' DVD-A was due to be released on May 29, and I had preordered the disc from DVDPlanet back in April. On May 25 I saw the disc was in stock so I called to get status of this preorder (they have no online order status that I could see). The customer service rep said they had processed the order and the disc was either shipped today or will be shipped on May 29 (Monday being a holiday). I still have not received the disc. I called DVDPLanet yesterday and found out they did not ship until June 1, or so they say. Has anyone else had problems with DVDPlanet? They have some of the best prices for DVD-A discs.

2. Dave L

Dave L Stunt Coordinator

I deal with both DVDPlanet and their sister site Ken Crane's. When I went to place an order today on the KC site, my account had disappeared and with it all my pre-orders. Have had delays and lost order in the recent past with both, and am becoming somewhat less inclined to do business there.

3. BarryR

BarryR Supporting Actor

BARRY RIVADUE
    DVDPlanet has the dubious distinction of having forced me to buy my first offline DVD in two years! While other DVDs from other online stores still arrive without incident, I've been bedeviled with a no-show pre-order since May 22. When I called last week about it, they said they would send off a replacement. I called them today to reaffirm, and they said no record of the reshipment was on file! Never mind that the original pre-order shipment is still missing; I cancelled it and then drove to Best Buy! I'm afraid DVDPlanet hasn't given me much confidence to order from them anymore.

4. Steve T

Steve T Stunt Coordinator

I sent DVDPlanet the following email yesterday morning and have yet to receive a reply:
    This is regarding order 0412-60783-1015
    DVDPlanet,
    I am very disappointed in how this order was handled. I feel I was lied to by your customer service representatives about the status of the order.
    On May 25 I called to get status and was told by one of your reps that the order was in process (the George Benson disc was in stock) and would either be shipped that day or May 29. Since I had not received the disc I called on June 4 and was told there was some sort of warehouse problem and the disc was shipped on June 1. Yesterday I called again and was told it was on "backorder". At that point I cancelled the order and requested a full refund on my debit card.
    I suggest that in the future you contact your customers and let them know of any problems with their order. It is not good business practice to leave them in the dark, and on top of that to lie about the true status. If your systems are that bad I suggest you upgrade them to provide better service. I am new to DVD-Audio and planned to purchase many more discs from DVDPLanet, but I will be taking my business
    elsewhere.
    If you decide to try and keep my business by shipping me the George Benson disc via UPS 2 day I will reconsider taking my business elsewhere. If I do not receive a reply to this message I will most certainly never use your service again.