What's new

my first post: Onkyo SR702 vs. Yamaha HTR 5790 (1 Viewer)

MattVod

Auditioning
Ive been looking for a good affordable thx receiver, and have narrowed it down to these 2 models due to their price. Ive had experience with both companys, and liked them very much and dont know which is the better buy. I currently have a yamaha cd player, so one plus in my opinion is it would be a good match if I did get the htr5790. For speakers I will be using Fluance sv10's and the Fluance sxhtb package, and a 12" northridge series jbl sub. Thanks in advance to any help.

Peka J

Agent
MattVod, welcome to HTF and congratulations on your first post. I can't speak on those two receivers specifically, but I have always liked and had good luck with Yamaha receivers. I think they are very well built for their price, and have recommended them in the past. Having said that, my friend recently bought the Pioneer 1014 receiver, which is now available delivered for $400, and it is terrific for the price. It sounds great and the auto MCACC was very easy to use to setup the receiver.

Good luck.

Eddie Horton

Stunt Coordinator
I own the HTR-5790 and still consider it one of the best bang for the buck receivers. No problems or regrets.

tommy_E

Agent
how udoin..

i strongly agree with Eddie....i own the 5790 and im very happy wit the yammie..

:emoji_thumbsup: up to my old RXV-690{1997} works perfect :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks