What's new

My first post, hello from Australia (1 Viewer)

Michael Carey

Auditioning
Hi Everybody,
This is the second time I have typed my "first" post, not knowing 'til after I had submitted my message that I wasn't allowed to post a link to my web page.
Oh well, you will all have to wait for a few more posts to see pics of my setup!
**EDIT - Silly me, just check my profile for a link to my page.....enjoy!!**
I'm a long time home theater (I'll spell it "your" way in here :) ) enthusiast from Australia. From a mono panasonic VCR with a home made stereo simulator, through laserdiscs and dolby pro-logic to a wide screen projector, DVD and DTS sound. Some of my equipment includes :-
Yamaha DSP-A1 amplifier
Sony VPL-W400Q Projector
Three Krix Euphonix speakers accross the front (well known Australian speakers)
Whise Profunder 624 sub bass speakers.
I have not used a custom installer, everything has been done with my own hands. Running cables, making rack cabinets, installing lighting control systems and HVAC.
Talk to you all again real soon,
Regards,
Michael Carey.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Michael:

Welcome to the HTF. You have cool looking HT. Isn't our hobby fun?

Mel Gibson in da house and you didn't even know it? You should have had the fore knowledge to know that he would soon be a favorite Aussie son.

We have some other members on this forum from your neck of the woods. We even had one of our members have an SV subwoofer (topping out at over 200 lbs) shipped to his place in Australia.

Again welcome aboard.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Michael,
I've seen your theater somewhere before.
Must have been on another forum.

Michael Carey

Auditioning
Thanks for your replies and comments guys. I hope to be able to post more and share my experiences with building HT's. It is a fascinating hobby, I just love it. I don't think it is the same if you get others to design and build your dream HT. The more DIY you can do, the better!
Regards,
Michael.

Michael Carey

Auditioning
I've had my DSP-A1 since it was first released. Only now am I considering getting a RX-Z9. Prices are a bit inflated here Australia. Even with the A$ getting stronger, prices are slow to drop. I have always been a Yamaha fan, right from when I was 10 and my dad brought home a cheesy Yamaha electronic keyboard...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks