My first night with my SVS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DonnyD, Jul 28, 2001.

1. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Jun 12, 1999
    What a love I have developed for the big brown truck that brings all these wonderful goodies. I DO think Dale should race one, don't you think?
    I got home about 12:30 yesterday, but had my GF over awaiting the announced arrival of the SVS 20-39pc. About 1, the brown truck stops in front and I guess I looked like I was gonna pee on his wheels I got out there so fast. Oh my god, that box is so BIG!
    Maybe she got jealous watching me. It probably seemed as if I was gonna hug the UPS driver.... nonetheless, I hugged the BOX!
    The anticipated moment arrived when it was plugged in and switches set appropriately and Demo #3 was popped in. YES!
    After a few minutes of demos, I go to my desk to absorb the manual. This momentary lull was just enough for my 5 year old to put a strangle-hold on my system and then Scooby-Doo took over. He did allow me to adjust a few things just so the video didn't stop.
    So my first night with the SVS was watching Scooby Doo. Several times. The SVS....Decidedly different and real low.
    Today is all planned out.... when he goes outside to play, I'll lock him out. Then I play.
    I have my demos and reference materials all lined up. It will be a day that will go down in history. I am already plotting to add another which will come when I build my HT room.
    Girlfriend???? Well she went home early....I guess I did hug the UPS driver AND the box.
  2. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

Feb 20, 2000
    You are lucky,Mine came via fedex,it was raining and the driver just left it on my deck,he did not even bother to knock.I heard footsteps and walked outside.Very sarcastically I said...THANKS ALOT,he just turned around and bet
    Got the bad boy(25-31cs) inside,wired it up then fired it up.Gave it a good dose of U-571 and I was immediatly in love.I can never love another like I love SVS
  3. Ron Stimpson

Ron Stimpson Stunt Coordinator

Jul 19, 1998
    I guess it could have been worse, could have been Teletubbies or something. Teletubbies at 15Hz is not something I'd want to hear. ;^)
    Keep us posted. You would think that that SVS has subs in use in a dozen foreign countries, and every state in the US (I think), over 1000 subs shipped our first year...etc. etc. that your sub might not matter too much.
    Every sub that pleases and the very few that have problems (one on this very board) matters, still. Always will.
    So give the GF $50 to show the kiddo a good time and roll those disks. We're standing by if you have any questions at all.
    Let's get one thing out right now though. Scoobie is not prime demo material ;^). Start with Toy Story 2 after calibrating a few dB's hot (not if you go to full ref. level though). That's a cartoon we can relate to at SVS.