What's new

My First New Season Casualty..What's yours? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Geez, please use some spoilers, y'all just ruined Vanished for me, and perhaps others (as this is not the discussion thread for Vanished, but just what shows you are bailing out on).

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
how about the entire fall line up dropped? hahaha just kidding. never picked it up in the first place.

i think i just might stick to TV on DVD's only =). i hate waiting for next week.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Quit after giving it a tryout:
Vanished
Standoff
6 Degrees
Ugly Betty

Soon to join the above list:
Brothers and Sisters
Help Me Help You
The Nine

Still recording but don't care if it gets cancelled:
Jericho
The Class
Justice

Kinda enjoying it:
Kidnapped
Smith
Heroes
Shark

Keepers:
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Sunday Night Football

Haven't watched yet:
Friday Night Lights
30 Rock
20 Good Years
Dexter

Brad

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I only watched two new shows this year- Heroes and Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip.

I'm giving Heroes one more episode but so far I'm just not that interested. It's not a bad show, it's just not really grabbing me. Although I may hang in there until the bomb is thwarted or whatever is going on.
On the other hand, Studio 60 is the best new show of the year. I just hope that viewership get stronger.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Friday Night Lights: Frankly, it gave me a headache with that wobbly hand-held camera. Gone. I'm done. And boring characters, too.

Brothers & Sisters: I'm on the fence; I'll give it one or two more airings before I dump it. I looooooove Rachel Griffiths but she's a pain in the ass here. So is Sally Field. Calista Flockhart is okay, but she sure ain't playing another Ally McBeal...I'd give this show a long time to grow. Hope they don't cancel it; it could turn into something.

The Nine: Okay. Let's get this straight...so the entire series is going to be about that one stupid day in their lives where somebody robbed the damn bank? Aren't we going to get sick of hearing about that damn bank robbery after a couple months? I KNOW I am. Forget this show; annoying is as annoying does.

That's all I've tried; haven't looked at the new CW network; or should we call it the WC network? (HAHAHHAAHA!) Anyway, there's almost nothing this year that's knocking the crap out of me; I'm sticking to my older shows for now.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Justice was the first to go for me, abandoned after the third episode.

I'm pretty sure Jericho will be next.

Other possibilities include Brothers and Sisters and Six Degrees.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Obviously not for just the reasons you state. Or do you really think you spotted a limitation in the format that somehow escaped the writers, producers and the network that is spending millions of dollars to make the show? (See also: "So Prison Break is just going to be about them planning to break out of prison for five years?" and "So, Lost is just going to be about some castaways on an island trying to get home?")

Regards,

Joe

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
9 is a "24" wannabe. lol. that's what happens when networks think a formula works cause of the formula... not cause of good writing, character, etc.

ah well. i suppose they'll never get it.

PS Ethan, smallville is over @CW ;).

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Right. They'll sustain this as a series by having a new group of nine hostages taken every year. :) Sure is a shame those TV producers aren't as smart and as talented as those of us who post on the HTF. ;)

Regards,

Joe

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Dead Pool Update: Smith becomes the first official casualty of the 2006-2007 season as it was cancelled by CBS this afternoon. Fox swears Happy Hour will return to the schedule in November and NBC has told to TPTB at Kidnapped to wrap up the storylines in their initial 13 episode order and has sent the show to the timeslot of doom, Saturdays at 8/9c.

Perhaps this means that Law & Order can safely return to its old timeslot of Wednesdays at 10/9c.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Wow. You would have thought Smith would have gotten just a bit more time to prove itself, with Emmy winner Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen starring (I do have the right show, right?). How many eps aired? Three? Four?

Steve Meil

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Friday Night Lights-couldn't watch more than 15 minutes absolute garbage
CSI- I have completly lost interest in this show especially when the start doing minless gags(singing in the morgue, dead people talking)
Law & Order SVU- 7 years is enough
Ugly Betty- How stupid can a show get or be?

I have other shows on the bubble
Jericho-Very bad casting, but will give it a couple more weeks Update- Still watching
Standoff-ok show but kind of dull Update Finally turned off this show Boring!

Shows that will probably be canceled
Six Degrees- For some reason I like this show, don't know why
Kidnapped- At least NBC promises to run this through episode 13
Vanished-Killing the lead character in week 7 is not a good sign -Update I don't even care that this was canceled and I have no interest in finding out what happens

Jace_A

Second Unit
I'm ready to give up on Jericho - turgid soap opera that wastes its premise. It's almost as if the nuclear holocaust is a minor inconvenience to the love lives of the protagonists.

I'm edging closer to ditching Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - Sorkin's smug self-righteousness and lack of real wit as writer is killing this show. The skits are terrible (that bear joke was plain embarressing) and I'm not buying several of these characters at all (Amanda Peet's character, in particular. Working in television, I can tell you her Pollyanna routine wouldn't last 5 mnutes).

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Everyone, I'm REALLY sorry about the spoiler. I've been "talking" about this for days with fans and I had a mental glitch that I was amongst the following. Big apologies.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Quick cancelations of shows as was done to Smith is what leads me to try only a few new shows per year. This year it was Smith, Heroes, Studio 60, The Class and Jericho....Jericho is on the bubble.

I figure by the time The Sopranos, The Shield and 24 each end their runs, I'll be watching no TV at all other than sports and Seinfeld reruns.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks