What's new

My first HT (1 Viewer)

Chididdy123

Auditioning
Real Name
Peter
Hi. new to the forums and wanted to share my setup.
Projector: Panasonic PT-AE2000
Elitescreens vmax 100"
Onkyo HT-S5100 (7.1)
80 gb PS3 (mostly for blu ray, im more of an 360 guy =D)
xbox 360 premium

the way this room was before was that my home has a home business. it used to be a corner store but then we recently closed and then the room was used for really nothing. Im only 17 and currently a senior in high school and my mother and i renovated the whole store into a 3rd living room/theatre room.my mother and i did all the work ourselves except for electrical and carpeting. i learned the basics of home theatre through this amazing site and tried to follow all the rules. but i know ive broken some. but i think its very nice for a 17 year old to build his first home theatre. the whole process took about 2 months and everything turned out great. heres some pics. let me know what you think, but be gentle! its my first HT and im only 17.

Behind me is the second part of the "store" converted to an office for our other business.

Seating and the screen

Screen Up ( thats not our real tv.. just needed something to block all the empty space. i have a 50 inch phillips plasma in the living room)

Seating

My "rack"

In action

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
Not bad. A couple of things to consider:

1. Your front (L/R) speakers could probably be a bit higher.
2. If it's not, you'll want to angle the center channel down toward the seating area.
3. At a minimum, painting (or covering) the front wall (and soffit) a dark color will really help the image quality.
4. Is that one of the side speaker by the equipment rack? Don't know if you'll get much benefit from them there. They need to be on each side of the listening area and ideally should be 2' above the listener (about 6' high).
5. Same with your rear speakers. They need to be 6' or so high.
6. Might also consider painting that big bookcase and the equipment rack black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yacubjkc
Recent bookmarks