What's new

My first H.T. set-up (1 Viewer)

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
Well it's finally done... for the moment :)
Just finished setting up my very first home theater system. After much debate and decision, I finally went out and purchased my first attempt at a H.T. setup. Thanks to Jason Spencer, I was able to pick up a new Onkyo SR600 receiver at my local C.C. for a very good price. Then I went across the street to B.B. and was able to find the JBL NSP-1 system.
4 hours later, I've finally got it pieced together enough to give it a test listen. Since my DVD collection is still quite small (20 titles), I decided to start my journey with The Fast and the Furious, as it has DTS and a very good transfer.
I am totally amazed! :D I had no idea what I was missing! I could not believe how incredible of a feeling you get, being able to watch a movie and become totally immersed! I know that I still have a long ways to go before I get the setup just right (Setting level, positioning speaker, etc.), but I am still tickled at the outcome thus far. If I ever had doubts of home much I'd enjoy this hobby, they have all but vanished!
Well for anyone who is interested, this is what my modest setup includes:
27" Sony Wega
Pioneer DV-440
Onkyo SR600
JBL NSP-1 (Already thinking of selling a pair of the N24 to get the slightly larger N26's) :b
All wires are AR performance line
-Tim

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Congrats on the new system. It's kind of like getting a new car - that floaty, happy feeling for several weeks. But unlike a car, you can drink beer while using your HT system. :)

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks..
Yea, I really wanted to get a sub, too. However, living in a tiny aparment complex, I don't think that would work. Especially, since some of my neighbors work nights. Unless of course we have the same taste in movies and he doesn't mind waking up to a pounding war scene from Saving Private Ryan. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks