My first good speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JesseR, Jun 20, 2002.

1. JesseR

JesseR Stunt Coordinator

For the last six months I have been saving up(poor college student syndrome) and auditiong pretty much any speaker I could find in a store. I had it pretty much down the paradigm monitor series, but i was going to have to go to canada to get them. Then i started hearing a lot about the jbl s 38...i went over to best buy to check them out, not the greatest place to listen but it did tell me they were at least decent. I found a smaller store set up better to audition. I went back again today to listen since i had pretty much decided to get them, just figured I would buy from j&r. Yesterday when trying to get a lower price at J&R the sales rep was extermely rude so today at the store I got them to price match plus a little over j & R and bought ont he spot. Great speakers, also got the s center. Just wanted to share my extreme joy with all the people ive been asking questions and getting info from for the last half year. Thanks everyone

2. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

Congratulations on your purchase. enjoy.

3. John Royster

John Royster Screenwriter

And so it begins....Like a ravenous virus consuming resources and directing the host to do its devious deeds (such as pursuing a different job or promotion strickly because you need more money for stereo gear)

Enjoy!

4. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I'm originally from Louisville too, so I thought I would post just to keep the string going...[​IMG]

5. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

Congrats, I'm a college student too, and when I mentioned JBL at my local hifi store, the guy scoffed at me...that put me off, to say the least. So then I proceeded to ignore the guy and demo all their Paradigm and DefTechs. [​IMG]

6. SteveSpoon

SteveSpoon Stunt Coordinator

This stereo stuff is crazy....just when I think I've got "the perfect setup", something else catches my eye and the whole vicious (sp?) circle begins again. God help us all!!

Steve

7. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

Welcome to the horrible world of being broke! (more-so!) :b
    I finally had to stop listening to other speakers, especially those out of my price range, as they are making me long for more then my Monitor 7's can provide...
    Maybe someday, but I can't dip into the "car fund" just yet [​IMG]