What's new

My finished theater (1 Viewer)

ericks

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erick
I finally have my theater finished and fully complete, so I wanted to share some pics. I finished the space in my basement for this theater as well as a gaming area and a half bath. The equipment list for the theater is as follows:

JVC DLA-RS1 projector
110" Carada Brilliant White Criterion screen
Integra DTC-9.8 pre/pro
Sunfire 200~7 amp
Yamaha 575 5 disc CD carousel
PlayStation 3
Definitive Technology BP7000sc mains
Definitive Technology CLR3000 center
Definitive Technology BPX side surrounds
Definitive Technology BP2X rear surrounds

In the gaming area I have a Sharp 30" 16:9 CRT with an Onkyo 770 HTIB and my Wii and PS2 are used in here. Once I have a dedicated Blu-ray player the PS3 will be in here as well.

On to the pics. I'll start with the gaming area:

Here's the theater room:

And finally a really bad shot of the pj mounted on the ceiling:

I did nearly all the work myself and while it was gratifying and fun I don't want to do it again any time soon :D . I still need to get all my DVDs up on the shelves and clean up a few odds and ends, but basically I'm done and I can get down to the business of enjoying some great movies and games.

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Great looking theater. :emoji_thumbsup: Looks really comfy.

One question though. Do you have a subwoofer? I don't see one in your equipment list or in your pictures. If you don't have one, I would highly recommend adding one since they bring so much more of an impact to your movies. Yes, your Def Tech towers will go low, but not nearly as low or powerful as a dedicated subwoofer will.

ericks

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erick
Thanks - I don't have a dedicated standalone sub. The DTs have built-in subs. Each tower has a 14" woofer with two 14" passive radiators and an 1800 watt amp. The center also has a built-in 10" sub with a 150 watt amp. I have no shortage of great, strong bass.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Nice. I love the colors you chose for both rooms and the wall panels in the theater room is a great touch. Well done.

JJMJ71

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JJ
Nicely done! Congrats on finishing your room. Instead of working in the room you can actually sit back now and enjoy the fruits of your labor! :emoji_thumbsup:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Great work. You have good taste. Now relax and enjoy!!!

John

mrjvelazquez

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
joseph
very nice.... I like the colors and the faux finish of the walls ... how big are the rooms?

ericks

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erick
The theater room is roughly 15x23 and the "lobby" is 17x17. Not pictured is a half bath that's 8x8.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Nice set up. I have older DTs all around and still love them after 10 years. That JVC DLA-RS1 projector is a killer. I also love the Carada screen. For the money it is the best screen for the money anywhere.

Nice. Nice. Setup.

Parker

Zerock

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
I also like your setup.

You've made great choices in color matching from walls to furniture to paint. It all flows very well.

I also like what you did with your equipment rack. It's clean, functional and very serviceable. I made the mistake of building a box and placing shelves. While it looks alright, changing connections are a pain since I can't get to the back directly.

I find one of the things most enjoyable about these forums is seeing the good work others have done and imagining similar ideas applied to my own.

Thank you ericks.

ericks

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erick
Thanks. I've had that equipment rack for nearly 10 years now (a Salamander Archetype 5) and it just seemed like a logical choice to find a way to use it in this installation. Since I took those pictures I constructed a door with metal mesh that when closed still allows me to operate the equipment via remote but blocks out most of the lights and displays on the equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks