What's new

"My Fellow Americans" LD is AC3, but PCM track is mono! (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Due to my weird viewing patterns that I won't get into here, I watched the "My Fellow Americans" laserdisc last night with the PCM digital track; I'd watched it previously in AC-3. The old "LaserVision" opening (which Warner used for a VERY long time!) is in stereo, as well as the Warner Home Video opening, but the entire movie is in mono on the PCM tracks!
Did anyone else ever notice this, or was it only on a few copies? The only major screw-up with LD audio I ever heard of was on "Stargate", where the PCM track was out of phase (or something like that).

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator
Did you keep the receipt? You should head back to the store and see if they have a replacement copy for you.
I was just going to Tower Records this weekend to exchange my Wham "Make it Big" LP that has phase error on side B. I'll ask about their Laserdisc return policy while I'm there.
:D

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, and another Laserdisc audio screw up was the original ET CAV boxset. It had the stereo channels swapped. Universal's official workaround? "Just switch the audio cables on the back of your player".:eek:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd love this movie on DVD. If they ever release a widescreen version...MINE!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
No big deal, I'm just surprised I didn't hear about this before, especially since they changed the catalog number on this when they fixed it (I did know about the ET problem- the corrected discs had the newer MCA/Universal Home Video intro at the beginning.)
Yes, I bought the LD because the DVD was formatted to fit your screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks