My Favorite Wife & Move Over Darling DVD's???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Osato, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Osato

Osato Producer

I believe these two films are the same story. I have been trying to get copies of them for my sister for a while. They seem to be quite rare on VHS. I am hoping a DVD release of both films will happen soon.

Does anyone have any information on these two titles??
    My Favorite Wife - Cary Grant
    Move Over Darling - Doris Day

Thank you for posting,

2. SteveP

SteveP Second Unit

MOVE OVER, DARLING is, indeed, a re-make of MY FAVORITE WIFE.

It was initiated a year earlier (in 1962) as a vehicle for Marilyn Monroe, Dean Martin and Cyd Charisse entitled SOMETHING'S GOT TO GIVE. This production was shut down in June of 1962 after Ms. Monroe's repeated illnesses and absences from the set. According to the documentary MARILYN: THE FINAL DAYS, she was in negotiations with Fox to restart production of the film at the time of her death, in August, 1962.

Fox revived the production a year later with Doris Day, James Garner and Polly Bergan as MOVE OVER, DARLING.

THE FINAL DAYS documentary (available on DVD) features a rough assembly of the small amount of footage shot for SOMETHING'S GOT TO GIVE.

3. Osato

Osato Producer

Thanks for the post! Any news on either of the titles coming to DVD anytime soon?

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Recently, somewhere (I forget where) I was reading something and did a double-take on the words My Favorite Wife. You see, I'm a Lucy Ball fan, and she had a similarly-titled RADIO program called My Favorite Husband (which is what I Love Lucy was loosely based on, in fact, and radio programs of which can be found on the I Love Lucy DVDs).

So I looked up My Favorite Wife, and found out it was a Cary Grant film I'd never heard of, from RKO Pictures. So I wondered if it was on DVD.

To the best of my ability to research it, it has never been on DVD and doesn't seem to be planned for the near future.

5. Osato

Osato Producer

Any news on this title coming to DVD?

6. Osato

Osato Producer

Any news on this title coming to DVD?

7. FrankXS

FrankXS Stunt Coordinator

You are in luck !!! My Favorite Wife comes to DVD the first week in June as part of Warner's Cary Grant Collection which will also include Night and Day, Destination Tokyo, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House and The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer.

8. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

I wish Fox would release the DVD of MOVE OVER DARLING.
    It actually is a very funny remake with Doris Day, James Garner, Polly Bergen, Thelma Ritter , Chuck Connors and Wally Cox
    It would be great to see it again in its Cinemascope aspect ratio.