What's new

My Favorite Martian - season 3 has a Bonus Disc (1 Viewer)

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
stuincalif said:
I am pleased to announce that Peter Greenwood, executive for Jack Chertok Television, will be the guest on my live radio show, "Stu's Show", next Wednesday, February 20th from 4-6 p.m. California time. Peter is going to provide a complete history of "My Favorite Martian", as well as discuss the upcoming remastered DVDs of seasons 1 and 2, along with what will be provided as bonus materials on them.
Stuart Shostak
Host/Program Director
Shokus Internet Radio
I listened to that radio show and that was a cool radio broadcast. Thank you Mr Shostak for bringning the news on that forum. I can't wait to get my hands on my own copy of that season 3 box set. Hopefully tomorrow...:crazy:
Maybe some day, I'll be tempted to get also the Favorite Martian recent CD release from La La Land.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
As expected, I received my copy today. I've been exploring the box set's episodes a little, enough to see how it looks like. Most of the episodes look good. Same quality standard that Rhino used to offer for their earlier releases.
That said, this has not the quality look you get from film to digital tapes transfer, like you would get for Bewitched, for example. No progressive encoding either which makes it terrible if you watch on your computer.
But, ahhhh! how good it is to watch My Favorite Martian without time compression techniques like they used to do on Vision TV Canada last year when it aired. :) Thank you to everyone involved in this Umbrella release.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Great news: MPI has struck a deal with Chertok to release Season 3 in the USA!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Favorite-Martian-Season-3/13271

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly
I have the Umbrella release, but am glad to see a US release anyway.
Same for me. I bought the Umbrella release as soon as it came out.
Gary "nice news nonetheless" O.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Still, keep an eye on the updates for this title. There may be some temptations in there. /img/vbsmilies/htf/wink.gif

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I might be persuaded to upgrade if the bonus material was substantially new. There was also one episode in the Umbrella set (the one with Yvonne Craig guesting) that was sourced from a 16mm print (there's even an old Wolper company tag at the end) instead of the 35mm masters.

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
It has been a long time since I posted on this forum, but here is a update on all things Chertok.. My favorite Martian is now with MPI they will be releasing season three early next year..we have just released a Plastic kit of Uncle martin's spaceship together with a in scale Uncle Martian Via Pegasus Hobbies.
We will be releasing volume one of a two volume reprint of the sixties Gold Key comics together with the two years of British weekly comic strips printed in Tv21 in the Uk. in both volumes we will be featuring a whole bunch of never before published images from the show this from publisher Hermes Press (can now be ordered from Amazon).
A set of two Bobble heads from My favorite Martian will be released next year, together with several other retro styled toys.
My Living Doll will be out this year without fail with interviews with Julie Newmar and some more surprises..
expect some special My Living Doll collectibles some time next year.
All of these products are priced to be affordable in these not so great times..the kit is just 28 bucks at the highest. so enjoy.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Chertok Television. said:
It has been a long time since I posted on this forum, but here is a update on all things Chertok.. My favorite Martian is now with MPI they will be releasing season three early next year..we have just released a Plastic kit of Uncle martin's spaceship together with a in scale Uncle Martian Via Pegasus Hobbies.
My Living Doll will be out this year without fail with interviews with Julie Newmar and some more surprises..
My Favorite Martian: Will MPI just be releasing season 3, or will the first two seasons be rereleased to coincide with the US release of S3?
Edit: After looking at Amazon prices, I hope there is at least a S2 rerelease, since that seems to be OOP and going for nearly a hundred bucks at this moment.
My Living Doll: Complete series, or are there still episodes missing and unobtainable?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'd like to see a re-release of both S1 and S2. I put those on the back burner as I'd read the syndicated episodes were used for the seasons and there were frequent problems with the double-sided disks.

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
BobO'Link said:
I'd like to see a re-release of both S1 and S2. I put those on the back burner as I'd read the syndicated episodes were used for the seasons and there were frequent problems with the double-sided disks.
Ok, No more double sided disks for Martian, any issues with syndicated prints will be resolved and replaced as needed, in the past few years I have hit the vault hard trying to find any and all bonus footage that might exist..and exist it did.
The MPI season three release will have some great new extras as part of the package..as it gets closer I will let you in on them..
My Living Doll..is still at 11 shows..but as you can see I have located a huge cache of unpublished stills from the show..many in color no less..a gallery section is in order I think.
I spend a part of every day looking for this show and trying to preserve it for years to come.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Chertok Television. said:
Ok, No more double sided disks for Martian, any issues with syndicated prints will be resolved and replaced as needed, in the past few years I have hit the vault hard trying to find any and all bonus footage that might exist..and exist it did.
The MPI season three release will have some great new extras as part of the package..as it gets closer I will let you in on them..
Thanks for the update! Does this mean we'll see re-releases of S1 and S2 from MPI in addition to S3?

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Well I for one would really like to see all of the seasons released. I have Season 1, and it took multiple returns to get a set where all of the episodes played correctly. After all of that, and reading that Season 2 had syndicated episodes, I never purchased any more of My Favorite Martian. If all the problems get fixed, I will definitely purchase Season 2 and 3, and will likely upgrade Season 1 as well.

I am glad to hear about this!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, hearing that My Favorite Martian is being rereleased/corrected/finished is nice to hear.
Some of the things keeping me from picking the series up were the talk of edited episodes, and the MIA in R1 third season.
Oh, and the price for Rhino's sets wasn't that great, either.
MPI, IIRC, always has decently priced sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks