What's new

My Favorite Martian - season 3 has a Bonus Disc (1 Viewer)

FrancisP

Screenwriter
That's the price you get for buying first. I'm not that upset over it even though I did pay the $69 price. It's not the worst deal I ever made. I paid $60 for the Buck Rogers set and it was at $14.99 a few months later. The good news is that it sold well enough to warrant a first season. Although I wish they had done the second season next.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Still patiently waiting for my season 3 set to arrive. Looks like it is on time and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It does appear if it is out of stock again at B&N, but they did add more information about the release, including a picture of the cover. However they still list the studio as Rhino. I guess as long as this is selling B&N will continue to import copies.
htf_imgcache_25631.jpeg

Karl R

Stunt Coordinator
I received my copy from BarnesandNoble.com this afternoon (UPS guy was running late today.)

It is the Umbrella Entertainment Season 3 edition.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I also received my copy today from B&N and can confirm it is from Umbrella. Here are images I scanned from the case front and rear. It appears word is spreading quickly since sales are rapidly nearing the top 100 list on the web site today.
htf_imgcache_25864.jpeg

htf_imgcache_25865.jpeg

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I should add if My Favorite Martian cracks the top 100 sellers list at B&N there is a good chance the price will drop to 30% off before other discounts. B&N frequently discounts their top 100 sellers to 30% off. If anyone wanted to order it I would give it one more day to see if moves further up the list and gets the extra price drop.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I also got My Favorite Martian Season 3 from B&N. $ 26 after the discounts.

Good luck to those who ordered from Amazon. I hope everyone who ordered gets it. Just this week TVshowsondvd had a mention that this wasn't going to happen and that no one who had ordered it had received it. It was a nice surprise when it arrived last night after reading that.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
B&N seems to have worked for me. I ordered on Tuesday and UPS tracking shows it's already out for delivery. It was $28 after discounts. I had ordered from Amazon weeks ago, but have heard nothing from them. I'll cancel with Amazon if the B&N package arrives as planned...

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Garysb said:
I also got My Favorite Martian Season 3 from B&N. $ 26 after the discounts.
Good luck to those who ordered from Amazon. I hope everyone who ordered gets it. Just this week TVshowsondvd had a mention that this wasn't going to happen and that no one who had ordered it had received it. It was a nice surprise when it arrived last night after reading that.
To be fair TVshowsondvd thought this release was coming from Rhino and not Umbrella which created a lot of confusion. But I agree it was a nice surprise getting a copy. I'm happy about finally having all 3 seasons.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
My set arrived today, and that was after ordering it on Tuesday from Barnes & Noble! I'll cancel my order from Amazon.com tonight. Very happy this set arrived after thinking it was a pipe dream.

Gary "looks like a nice set too" O.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
You lucky guys! I ordered mine from Amazon weeks ago and I didn't even received email from them saying they couldn't ship on february 5th as expected or asking me if I would like to cancel the order. By the way, since that tentative shipping date, Amazon rised up the price on the box set. I took the decision to wait, and wait and wait...

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
MBrousseau said:
You lucky guys! I ordered mine from Amazon weeks ago and I didn't even received email from them saying they couldn't ship on february 5th as expected or asking me if I would like to cancel the order. By the way, since that tentative shipping date, Amazon rised up the price on the box set. I took the decision to wait, and wait and wait...
If I were you, I'd order it from Barnes and Noble before they sell out...

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
MBrousseau said:
Don't cancel your Amazon order. Mine just Shipped!!

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Hollywoodaholic said:
Is that a blaring headline typo right on the top front and back cover? Shouldn't it be "The Complete Third Season" not "The Complete Third Series?" Just asking.
That is pretty funny. I think it must have to do with British and Australian terminology. They refer to their individual seasons as series. For instance, The original version of The Office had two seasons and they are refered to as series one and series two. Actually all the British shows are so designated. I think this indicates that this set was targeted more at Aussies and Brits than selling to Americans.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Absolutely correct, Doug. I infrequently post on a classic British TV site and the term "season" is never used, except by an occasional American poster like me. The term "series" is commonly used in the UK to describe what we call "season" here in America and I'm guessing the same is true for Australia. The other dead giveaway that this was not produced in the US, is the spelling of "colour," which might seem odd here, but not for our neighbors to the North.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I hope this will mean more Umbrella titles being imported here, at a reasonable price like "Man In A Suitcase" and the coming extra packed "My Favorite Martian" S1 and S2.

I understand Australia believes region coding is a violation of free trade agreements, so all their DVDs are ALL Region.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks