What's new

My Favorite Martian S2 (1 Viewer)

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I see S2 is up at Umbrella Entertainment. Does this set fix the issues that Rhino's S2 set had? Namely 5 episodes that were either cut or sped up?

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
I do not know about the quality of season 2 with Umbrella but I know I will stay away from that one. I bought the season 3 of My Favorite Martian from Umbrella and I was rather upset with the overall quality of the set. I didn't like the video transfer. It doesn't look at all like major studios TV shows on DVD that use 35 mm film for digital transfers. That's too bad... My Favorite Martian deserves better DVD treatment.

JoyceHH

Auditioning
From what I understand, from a reliable source, Umbrella Entertainment's release of Martian's season 2 is intended for the Australian and New Zealand market. The transfers of these episodes are from the 35mm master elements, but, the transfers are "old".

Now that RHINO's rights to the series has expired, Jack Chertok Productions is planning a MAJOR Hi Def re-transfer of ALL the shows using the master 35mm elements for future release in the USA & Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks