My Favorite Martian - 4 S3 episodes released

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jon_Gu, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Jon_Gu

Jon_Gu Stunt Coordinator

I was perusing the DVD's after eating at Cracker Barrel tonight. I noticed a Rhino Release with four My Favorite Martian episodes listed as being in color.

Go West, Young Martian (1)
    Go West, Young Martian (2)
    Martin Meets His Match (I think that's the 3rd ep listed)
    Pay the Man the $24

Now that Rhino has proven they have the rights to S3, how about a season release to finish out our collections???

2. Jon_Gu

Jon_Gu Stunt Coordinator

Well now, don't I feel silly...

I just realized that's actually the Vol. 1 release Rhino put out about 6 years ago. I didn't check TVShowsonDVD.com close enough. [​IMG]

Oh well, I'm still hoping for a full season 3 release this year to complete my MFM collection. [​IMG]

3. SettoKaiba

SettoKaiba Extra

[​IMG] cool!!

4. JeffT.

JeffT. Screenwriter

[​IMG]

Currently the third season (1965-66) episodes of MY FAVORITE MARTIAN (CBS 1963-66) are airing on a regional cable tv service in my area and some of the episodes presently being circulated in syndication are definitely not in the best of condition I'm afraid.

This may be a major factor in the (seeming) delay of a complete third season DVD set in that Rhino Home Entertainment is attempting to secure (much) better quality sources elements before moving ahead on this...I hope!

Incidentally there is (yet) another DVD release (also from Rhino called MY FAVORITE MARTIAN - TIME TRAVELLERS FAVORITES that includes three more third season (colour) episodes "Martin of the Movies" (26/09/1965), "That Time Machine is Waking Up That Old Gang of Mine" (21/11/1965) and "Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow" (02/01/1966) in addition to a second season (black-and-white) segment "Time Out for Uncle Martin" (20/06/1965).

This just may be of interest to you!

Jeff T.

5. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

The third & final season of My Favorite Martian was the only one filmed in color. The syndicated version that was seen on local stations in the 1980s were film prints in excellent condition. They don't even need to be remastered.

6. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

Sure, if you don't mind episodes cut to 22 minutes.

7. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

The reruns I saw on my local station in the early 1980s were unedited and with limited commercial interruption.

They wouldn't be edited for DVD release either.