What's new

My family's in serious trouble, please help us, please. (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Ah, I forgot all about bankrupcy! A bk attorney just may be able to make some other suggestions as well. As I recall they have a fileing fee - around $150 or so.

As far as I'm concerned most are below the lowest level on the food chain (sorry to any HTF bk attorneys out there) Even lawyers tell BK-Lawyer jokes!

However, your circumstances are one of those occasions where a BK lawyers feeble concience won't wince even a little. It is quite likely just right fo your folks.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
John -

Go to your mother's hospital and request a consultation with a social worker. These folks are skilled at finding resolutions to the problems that you are facing. They know what your options are and which are worth exploring.

I've worked in a hospital for 16 years and have never met a social worker who was not a compassionate advocate for the patient in need.

Good luck,

Jon

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement, i've made a note of all your advice.

We've made arrangments to stay with my grandmother, she said we could stay as long as we needed to. She has a big house that's paid for, my dad and myself will take over most of the utilities for her.

We just have to get through the moving process now. The only thing about this that hurts is that my grandmother is allergic to cat's, so I had to send my cat away to stay with a friend of mine for awhile, that was hard to do, he's never known another family besides us and i'm afraid what this will do to his mind. I cry if I think about it too much.

But all should be alright, by this weekend we'll be moved out and on the way to picking up the pieces. We still have to tell my mother what's happening, she's recovering extremely well, but we want to wait until at least Friday before we lay this on her. I think she'll be fine with this given that we have somewhere to go, but I am positive that she's going to be crushed when I tell her about Tommy, my cat, she loves him so much, i'm a little concerned about that.

Carlos,

I live in Wilmington, Delaware, it's a small city on the East coast.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Oh man! I was wondering what happened to John so I did a search on his last post and this thread came up.

Has anyone heard from him? Jerry Gracia, I know you and John are buds so I hope you see this post and check in.

I met John at a local Titanic screening and he is a great guy. I hope things have turned out fine!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I hope things are working out for John.

Something else though is that this thread is a great resource (as are many at the HTF). Just the heuristic of compiling ideas for such a situation creates a good list for anyone needing such advice. I put many of the ideas I read in my "just in case" file, plus it was probably helpful to John to hear from people who were thinking more clearly than he was at the time due to the stress he was under. Sometimes we miss good ideas simply because the panic that comes over us.

This type of advice is just a fringe benefit of hanging at the HTF.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I last communicated with him at the time of this thread. Someone might want to send him an e-mail.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Good to hear John's well...in some ways, the internet makes the world much smaller by bringing seemingly disparate elements together.

However in this case, the internet can be quite a vast place when someone goes missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks