What's new

My Fair Lady 50th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
rsmithjr said:
I cannot recall a title that Amazon has had these kinds of difficulties with.

Given other issues about this release process, I have to wonder if CBS has fouled something up with their own information flow to the retailers.

Bob
This whole thing has been a CF.

Let's hope when it is released we don't find there's playback issues with particular BD players.

CMNash

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos M Nash
Amazon has finally gotten it right.

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 13, 2014 (Order No. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

"My Fair Lady [Blu-ray]"
Estimated arrival date: October 27, 2015

Roger Grodsky

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like Landmark Theaters is now on board with MFL theatrical showings ("Oklahoma!" and "Fantasia" as well).
www.Oklahoma60.com
www.Fantasia75.com

CMNash

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos M Nash
Roger Grodsky said:
It looks like Landmark Theaters is now on board with MFL theatrical showings ("Oklahoma!" and "Fantasia" as well).
www.Oklahoma60.com
www.Fantasia75.com

I guess everything's not up-to-date in Kansas City, because none of these are playing near here. :angry:

Edit: Oops, it looks like Fantasia will be shown at the Alamo Drafthouse in Kansas City. Still no MFL or Oklahoma!

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Raul Marquez said:
My Amazon page still lists:

You purchased this item on September 20, 2014

Currently Unavailable

:(

There's a quite rational explanation for all of the problems with the availability status of our Lady.

It's like being back in high school. You just knew that you could score a date with the 275 lb. young lady with the one tooth in the middle of her mouth, for just about any weekend, when you might be brave enough. But as for the young lass who looked like a teenage Elizabeth Hurley, unless you were the captain of the football team, you knew that a date with her probably wouldn't be likely until you were both 40, and she was just concluding her 3rd divorce.

Yeah, there's the problem with our fair lady becoming available, she's simply just too good looking, and the new Blu-ray may make her even more so.

Roger Grodsky

Stunt Coordinator
I asked someone very high up at R&H who assures me that it's the Todd-AO version (the 'Scope version wasn't restored) but isn't certain how (or if) it has been adapted from 30fps to 24fps.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The restoration of Oklahoma! is the Todd-AO version, which runs at 30fps.

I highly recommend seeing it theatrically, as the restoration is gorgeous. I viewed at the Chinese.

RAH

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Roger Grodsky said:
I asked someone very high up at R&H who assures me that it's the Todd-AO version (the 'Scope version wasn't restored) but isn't certain how (or if) it has been adapted from 30fps to 24fps.

I'm sure these will all be digital presentations, yes? They don't need to adapt it all if that's the case.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Finally got this e-mail today.

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on September 17, 2014 (Order# ):

"My Fair Lady [Blu-ray]"
Estimated arrival date: October 27, 2015

The order page on my ASCAP account has also been updated.

Alamo Draft House where I will be seeing MFL.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
My U.S. Amazon MFL50 pre-order now displays the following estimated delivery date: Arriving Nov 5, 2015 - Nov 12, 2015

I imagine that this will be typical of pre-orders with a Canadian destination. My Amazon Canada MFL50 pre-order doesn't display an estimated delivery date, as yet!

CHEERS! :)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Tony Bensley said:
My Amazon Canada MFL50 pre-order doesn't display an estimated delivery date, as yet!

They never do when it's an import, which is why I'm usually weary pre-ordering an import, especially if it's a title I really want, like My Fair Lady, so I've kept my US order.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Life is good :cool:

mfl-date.png

...Although you'd think with 401 days to prepare, they could get it on my doorstep a little sooner than 6-10 days after release date. ;)

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Mike Frezon said:
They'll get it fully right when the price goes back to $27.99 (or lower). :biggrin:

I pre-ordered it from Import CDs. With shipping it's $8 less than Amazon's current price. I'll keep an eye out for an Amazon price drop.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I got the email notification AND the site now shows an Oct 27 release date.

Of course, they probably mean October 27 2016. Let's wait till it's a well-nigh perfect release. After all, what's another year at this stage?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks