What's new

My Fair Lady 50th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tony Bensley said:
Interestingly, I received an email alert from Amazon.com informing me that the new estimated delivery date for the MY FAIR LADY: 50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION, is October 9, 2015, while it's page on Amazon.com still indicates an October 27, 2015 date of release!

????

Tony:

The Amazon.com (US) page has NEVER listed October 27th as a release date. It has been conspicuously absent from that particular point of reference. As we've discussed previously, though, the October 27th release date has been announced and confirmed in a number of other different web locations.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Mike Frezon said:
Tony:

The Amazon.com (US) page has NEVER listed October 27th as a release date. It has been conspicuously absent from that particular point of reference. As we've discussed previously, though, the October 27th release date has been announced and confirmed in a number of other different web locations.
Hi Mike!

Sorry, I must have confused it with the Amazon Canada listing, which does now have an October 27, 2015 release date! :P

CHEERS! :)

Tony

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Tony,

Short of your own personal funds...there should be no questions whatsoever...we're talkin' about a 4K restoration and we're talkin' about a restoration by Mr. Robert A. Harris. When a one-two punch such as this occurs, there is no such thing as a blind buy.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
PMF said:
Tony,

Short of your own personal funds...there should be no questions whatsoever...we're talkin' about a 4K restoration and we're talkin' about a restoration by Mr. Robert A. Harris. When a one-two punch such as this occurs, there is no such thing as a blind buy.
Hi Phillip!

It is 100% my own personal funds. More than likely, I'll end up going with the Canadian Amazon Order, despite the later release date, as it costs me less than the U.S. Order, once the cost of shipping, import fees, and especially the rate of exchange are figured in. We Canucks have really taken a severe beating on that last one, this past year! :P

For the record, we have the 1999 DVD issue, and I most certainly want to upgrade from that! Thanks to most valuable information in this thread, I won't go anywhere near the horrible 2011 Blu-ray, which in requesting an email alert from Amazon Canada for when the 50th Anniversary Edition becomes available, I ironically keep getting emails for! :P

Tony

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I'm going to speculate that the reason Amazon US has been reluctant to post the October 27th release date is because of the history of this particular release. They are now suspicious of "the studio who cried wolf" and don't want to get burned again with another bogus release date. Now they've taken it out of pre-order status and basically put it into "back-order" mode. I'm sure they will get stock somewhere around October 27th at which time they will ship them out.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Tony Bensley said:
OK, I see that the Amazon.com page now states "Usually ships within 2 to 3 weeks," while Amazon.ca indicates "This title will be released on October 27, 2015."

It appears that I have a lot less time to make a decision than I had planned! :unsure:

The fact is, I'm a bit shy of funds this month, and had counted on waiting for a bit, though the wait as a whole, has been quite long enough!

Guess I'll just have to "Move my bloomin' arse!" ;)

October 27 is six weeks away. It would be highly unusual for it to ship in 2 to 3 weeks! :P

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
This is the current info displaying on Amazon's product page:

screenshot-www.amazon.com 2015-09-16 10-31-25.png

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
classicmovieguy said:
This is the current info displaying on Amazon's product page:

post-379750-0-03224500-1442363577.png
It was based on the information above that I had assumed Amazon.com would be releasing MFL50 ahead of Amazon.ca, which from my experience, isn't at all unusual.

Truth be told, the whole MY FAIR LADY: 50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION saga has been rather a confusing stew, at least from my perspective! :unsure:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I just received this email.

Hello David Weicker,
We have good news! We now have delivery date(s) for your item(s) listed below. We’ll send a confirmation when your items ship. If you would like to view the status of your entire order or make any changes to it, please visit Your Orders On Amazon.com
Delivery Estimate Details
Order #xxxxxxx
Placed on Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Your new estimated delivery date is:Monday, October 5, 2015 - Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Your shipping speed:
badge-prime.png
Two-Day Shipping

Your order will be sent to:
David Weicker

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Damn. I'll be in New York for a daughter's wedding.

Ah well, I'll rely on a neighbour to clear my Australian letterbox for me! At least there could be a nice present awaiting us when we get home on October 10!

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I think all of us that pre-ordered this a year a go got this email that we'll get it early October.

Yeah!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
AnthonyClarke said:
No notice for me from Amazon .. even though I ordered mine on the first day it was listed on this site for pre-order.

Maybe they're only notifying US customers.....
They notified me, and I'm in Australia.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
AnthonyClarke said:
No notice for me from Amazon .. even though I ordered mine on the first day it was listed on this site for pre-order.

Maybe they're only notifying US customers.....
And they DIDN'T notify me, and I am in Virginia, in the good ole US of A. Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of my pre-order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks