What's new

My Fair Lady 50th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
But whatever would we wear? This outfit would be Divine:

divine.jpg

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
My wife's birthday is Eliza Doolittle Day. I predicted earlier here that it would be released on that date (May 20) and allowing for delivery time froim the States to Australia, it looks as if it might arrive well BEFORE her day!

That's if (and it's a big if) the new delivery date indicated by avroman is correct!

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
We trust you're right, Avroman. If Amazon is being straight with you, then we really will be able to celebrate Eliza Doolittle Day even if delivery takes three weeks or more!

But I must admit to some pessimism.

Something somewhere must be very wrong given the initial release date of early December last year and not a word since to explain what's gone awry! I think it's time for some explanation. That surely could not upset any corporate sensibilities .... open and full disclosure is surely the way to go.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
AnthonyClarke said:
We trust you're right, Avroman. If Amazon is being straight with you, then we really will be able to celebrate Eliza Doolittle Day even if delivery takes three weeks or more!

But I must admit to some pessimism.

Something somewhere must be very wrong given the initial release date of early December last year and not a word since to explain what's gone awry! I think it's time for some explanation. That surely could not upset any corporate sensibilities .... open and full disclosure is surely the way to go.
Yes I think something went very wrong with this restoration and had to be fixed Odd no one is talking.

avroman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Warren Thomson
I'm dubious myself about the delivery date I was given. I can only hope. There has been such a kerfuffle about the release date for this, that like everyone else, I receive every bit of news with a degree of scepticism.

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
I would also agree with the speculation that something went wrong with the restoration. As far as I can tell there have been no official screenings of the new version. All the reports of viewing the new version were private showings. Still... let us remember Mr. Harris is handling this. I have faith that no matter what the wait time is it will be great once we get it.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
trajan said:
Yes I think something went very wrong with this restoration and had to be fixed Odd no one is talking.

Wait, were there dinosaurs in My Fair Lady? Oh no, we've been restoring the wrong movie! Back to square one :)

It would be just the job for an Easter release.

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Maybe, if we just keep waiting patiently, when the My Fair Lady blu is finally released, we'll be rewarded, at the same time, with a sparkling remaster of Spartacus. But, on the other hand, maybe I'll win next week's Super Lotto.

Oh well. Pardon me, for allowing my optimism to overflow its bounds and lap onto the shores of insanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks