What's new

MY FAIR LADY 4K restoration completed! Dec. 9th release announced (Post #299) (1 Viewer)

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Thomas T said:
Well, the only thing that dampens me about this "news" is that from now until the possible blu release (which could be years in the making), there will be constant whining: "Where is it already?" "We're tired of waiting!" "They promised it to us five years ago!", "Why are they releasing junk like Fill In The Blank when the restored My Fair Lady isn't out yet?" etc. It will be Raintree County all over again!
Fill in the Blank. Didn't that star Ben Affleck and Renée Zellweger as two blanks?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All the personal back & forth is going to stop here & now!

Let the discussion continue about a 4k restoration of My Fair Lady...but let there be no further discussion over who's right or who's wrong that it was proper or improper for the news to have been posted here (or anywhere).

Tempest in a teapot and all that.

Thank you.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Chuck Pennington said:
Which is why we are discussing it here and not on CNN.
My point was it's not worth people getting their knickers in a twist about it. Yes it won't be on CNN, or even page 11 of your local newspaper.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Well drat!When I saw this thread I thought there would be news about a worthy BD release of MFL to replace that abomination that was released before (I refuse to buy it).Here's hoping this tidbit does mean we will see a worthy release in the not too distant future.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Mike Frezon said:
All the personal back & forth is going to stop here & now!

Let the discussion continue about a 4k restoration of My Fair Lady...but let there be no further discussion over who's right or who's wrong that it was proper or improper for the news to have been posted here (or anywhere).

Tempest in a teapot and all that.

Thank you.
I agree about the personal stuff and I shan't respond further to the person who keeps bringing me up in every post.

I will say, however, it is amusing that there hasn't been one post about something that will make everything about this perfectly clear. So much for Internet surfing, Google and everything else. I'd mention it, of course, but see no point in it - best to let others do the sleuthing. :)

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
JimmyK said:
Well drat!When I saw this thread I thought there would be news about a worthy BD release of MFL to replace that abomination that was released before (I refuse to buy it).Here's hoping this tidbit does mean we will see a worthy release in the not too distant future.
The very existence of a 4k-restoration scan of this movie indicates that time is sooner rather than later, in my humble opinion...the blu-ray people have been complaining about here is a nearly 3-years-old release based on an obsolete transfer...you honestly think CBS WON'T release this newly-minted restoration to store shelves as a 50th Anniversary blu-ray in the near-future???

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Read the Article about the restoration in American Cinematographer - very interesting. Now I am looking forward to seeing MFL on Blu-ray or even better in 4k and I finally know what RAH has been up to for a bigger part of this year :)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
OliverK said:
Read the Article about the restoration in American Cinematographer - very interesting. Now I am looking forward to seeing MFL on Blu-ray or even better in 4k and I finally know what RAH has been up to for a bigger part of this year :)
Final touches still going in. It will be a safe purchase.

A very safe purchase.

RAH

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I wish the studios would think twice before releasing something on blu-ray. I already have a blu-ray copy of MFL, and also The French Connection, Lady From Shanghai, The Good,the Bad, & the Ugly, West Side Story and others where you buy the first blu-ray and then soon they re-release another one again for some reason...just lucky to have a brother to give an extra copy to!

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
atcolomb said:
I wish the studios would think twice before releasing something on blu-ray.
I believe they think long and hard before releasing what they do. How do you think they can sell a film over and over again to the same customers?

---------------

Ryan Talbot

Agent
Real Name
Ryan
This news is SO AWESOME!I have been saying since the beginning of this year that "My Fair Lady" needed a touchup on the 1994 restoration so that it actually looks good on Blu-Ray, and it looks like that is actually going to happen.But does anyone actually believe that CBS has completely financed and will completely distribute the film themselves?I think they're splitting the costs and profits with Warner Bros, cause out of all the major studios, WB does the best job of restoring films.Plus WB will be a lot more willing to put together a wonderful retail package as well.

CarlLaFong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bob Wheeler
I just read RAH's most recent comment with glee. How appropriate that I saw it during intermission of "Lawrence of Arabia" on a big screen!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks