What's new

MY FAIR LADY 4K restoration completed! Dec. 9th release announced (Post #299) (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I love "It's a Great Feeling" with Carson and Morgan (and Doris Day!), a very fun "backstage at Warner Brothers" film. This is my favourite number with them, "There's Nothin' Rougher Than Love"...

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Will Krupp said:
I seriously love Jack Carson
Jack Carson was a major talent, seriously unrecognised, grossly underrated. His range was far wider than most people realise. Just compare his work in A Star Is Born (1954) with, for example, his performance in Arsenic And Old Lace. Compare his acting in The Tarnished Angels with his acting in Shine On Harvest Moon. And never overlook that duet he had with Jane Wyman in Hollywood Canteen on the number What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life? (No, not the song Michel LeGrand wrote for The Happy Ending)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
ahollis said:
Now come on what about A STAR IS BORN and THE HUMOR MAN. He showed off is drama and comedy talents.
Listen, YOU!!! I love him in most everything (though I have to admit I've never seen HUMOR MAN) but his Wally Fay (in which he shows off both of those things, too) just happens to be my favorite.

That's it, Hollis, I've had it with you....I'm leaving, too!! To misquote Tootie Smith, "You're the most horrible." ;)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Will Krupp said:
Listen, YOU!!! I love him in most everything (though I have to admit I've never seen HUMOR MAN) but his Wally Fay (in which he shows off both of those things, too) just happens to be my favorite.That's it, Hollis, I've had it with you....I'm leaving, too!! To misquote Tootie Smith, "You're the most horrible." ;)
You need to see Good Humor Man. I keep hoping Sony will do an MOD of it for it is a funny film with Carson showing humor and warmth. I really enjoy Jack Carson's talent but I find it fun to taunt him some because he is so under recognized as the talent he is that his true fans come and guess what, we have a discussion about him and his films. Oh and the Jack Carson remark was not directed at you Will , so please don't leave the thread.

Danny Burk

Second Unit
Back to Eugene P for a moment, he's also the murder victim in the silent version of CHICAGO (1927)! A sensational film and available on DVD from Flicker Alley, for those who haven't seen it....

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
ahollis said:
.MY FAIR LADY, Marni Nixon, Audrey Hepburn, Oh and Jack Carson among others. I guess it did get off topic. Ouch.
The wonderful thing about HTF is that the vast majority of members are passionate lovers of film.

The fact that threads often go off subject can sometimes be both enthralling, at times highly instructive and nearly always entertaining.
I personally love these slight detours and most happily embrace the humour and knowledge of fellow members.

In most cases the threads return to the original subject anyway, but in-between we mostly have a lot of fun, we get to know each other and we all learn something we didn't know before.

That's my take, anyway.
Now back to My Fair Lady 4K. ;)

Doug.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks