My eyeglasses are anamorphic

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Garrison, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

I was told that I have an astimatism. Then I noticed the other day, when I take my glasses off, things kinda get tall and skinny, JUST a little bit. Not much. Then when I put my glasses back on, everything is in it's original shape. If I take my glasses off and hold them out, everything is short and fat. If I tip them sideways, everything is tall and skinny. So, I gotta pair of anamorphic lenses on my face. [​IMG]

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

I recently started using bifocals. I guess tri-focals would be like John Candy's 3D House of Horrors[​IMG]

3. David King

David King Stunt Coordinator

4. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Hey cool! Just switch your DVD player to 16:9 mode and wear your glasses while watching anamorphic DVDs! You don't need to spend extra on a widescreen TV! [​IMG]
    KJP

5. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

uhmmm, you must have astigmatism to have your lens behaving that way.

6. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

Yes, come to think of it, having astigmatism is like having anamorphic vision. Perhaps Weird Al Yankovic should record a spoof song called "Anomorphic Eyes" based on the song "Bette Davis Eyes". I'm sure it would be a smashing hit.

7. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
  8. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

I'm nearsighted and have astigmatism.
    I switched from hard contact lenses (which mold the eye to the proper shape) to rigid gas permeables (which don't so much). But before I got the new lenses, I got a pair of glasses to wear for about a month.
    The fun part was the two weeks of adaptation while my eyes unmolded and my brain got used to the new images. Parallel lines were no longer parallel and everything seemed to bend away from me. It was like living in a Lovecraft story full of weird, sanity-threatening, non-Euclidean geometry. [​IMG]
    Then, after two weeks, I woke up one morning and everything was back to normal. The brain is an amazing thing.