What's new

My experience with Calabrine (1 Viewer)

Simon Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I decided to updrade my component cables and saw an Ad on this site. http://www.calabrine.com/ . I have never seen or been to their site before this, but their cables looked great and they had 20% off. So I decided on a 2m component cable and tried to place my order using my credit card. The process failed 3 times showing me an error which wasn't very clear. I then checked my credit card and it had been hit 3 times of the amount for the cables. I realised that the money was on hold for verification but the ordering aspect failed. I sent the cable company an e-mail explaining the situation and what happened next I was caught by surprise. The owner was very apologetic and offered a 3 meter component cable(same type that I wanted to order) at no charge and said that my card would not be . I just wanted to share my experience and would highly recommend them just based on my dealings with them which didn't start out very well but ended very well. I am just surprised that a company that hasn't had any prior dealings with someone and be in another country (I'm in Australia) would be so understanding and generious. Now I just can't wait for them to arrive. ;) Thanks

felitopaz

Auditioning
Real Name
Raphael
I bought a set of Calabrine Quadio true bi-wire speaker cables for my front Klipsch RF-7's and a bi-wire for the center Klipsch RC-7 speakers about a year ago. Recently I decided to have the center channel cable upgraded to true bi-wire. (4X4) instead of 4X2. I contacted Calabrine and I sent in the cable on Monday. I had the new cable in my possession on Friday of that same week. This is without a doubt the very best customer service I ever had and to top it off there was "NO CHARGE"
I am a customer for life.

Thanks Paul.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just so you know, your credit card was most likely never charged. When an order is placed, an authorization is made to be sure the card is good and the funds are available, but that authorization will disappear at some point between 1 and 14 days, or as soon as the actual transaction is completed. Your card company decides the time period and the seller has absolutely no control over it. Anyway, it seems their web site was having problems and it would not complete the actual order.

It is very nice they offered the resolution they did. They certainly did not have to go that far. Of course, cables like this have outrageous profit margins, as the raw materials are relatively cheap, so it really didn't cost them much, but so many companies don't see it that way. They'd rather just alienate a customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks