What's new

My encounter with a Paradigm rep (1 Viewer)

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I have something to worry about! Suppose that the present Monitor line will cost between 1000 and 2000$ and they will be better than the present Studio series. I will go for the Monitor v.3 :D But unfortunately, we dont have enought details... im in a hurry to get more informations about that. I hope that Paradigm will let us know their new products soon...

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
Does anybody here feel like emailing Paradigm to see what they say? Or perhaps pestering your local dealership?

We still have a lot of time before the v3's come out so I wouldn't make any rushed decisions on what I posted above.

Jedd, I agree that if the Monitor series inherits the Studio technology then we should be okay for future add-ons to our setup. I just hope the Monitor series also adopts the stylish looks of the Studio series so that they will atleast look like they're from the same series. Rosenut veneer would be a nice option for the Monitors, don't ya think?

- Mike

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
Mike, no offense intended but I'm skeptical. I don't doubt that you are relaying the facts as you heard them but I'd be willing to bet that your dealer is misinformed regarding an across-the-board 2x increase in price.

--Steve

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
Hey Steve,

I don't mind your skepticism, but it wasn't my dealer it was the head Paradigm rep in charge of Western-central Canada. He gave me specific prices on many of those models and they were all 2x the current price. Of course they will also be making significant changes to the internal technology as well as the cabinets themselves so the increase in price is supposedly justified.

Of course he may have been mis-informed or perhaps things will change as time goes by, I'm just relaying what I heard. Like I said in my original post, take it with a grain of salt but don't be surprised if you see massive changes in the fall.

- Mike

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Oh well. I was going to buy a pair of Monitor 11's within the next 6 months but I guess I won't be now. Going from $1100 to $2200 a pair does not interest me when I can find something probably better at that price.

This is assuming of course that they double the prices on all of their speakers. Even the lowly Monitor series.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I called the local dealer and asked him about this. He suggested that their distributer hasn't mentioned anything about it. Also he said that those in Canada can buy them for half the price that they sell for in the US.

So maybe the prices will only go up enough to match US prices. Hope it doesn't for you guy's sake.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I can easily believe that Paradigm studio series will be headed for a price increase and model increase, however, whether this will put them in the same line as JM Lab Electra, Dynaudio, and many other high end speaker lines, we will have to see. Either way, this information is something that dealers and other people at Paradigm will most likely NOT want to spread around to prospective buyers, so people emailing paradigm will likely not get this information. Enjoy the deals while you can guys...

Tim Robbins

Agent
Hi there,

I was quickly looking through this post and saw some talk about pricing regarding v3's. I just took my younger brother to the local shop and he got Monitor 7 v3, they are currently available, at least at this place (Canada). There was no difference in price between the v2 and v3 line...at this time! He will be raising the prices "significantly". He didn't know exactly when or how much.

BTW my brother paid $800 CAD including taxes.

Tim

BobRoulier

Second Unit
WoW! these threads do get out of hand!
I see everyone here is impatient like me:D
BTW.. I am truly enjoying my studio 100v2 for now but I would not rule out upgrading to the v3. Paradigm makes a fantastic speaker throuout the line and Im sure any price increase would pay huge dividends:emoji_thumbsup:
Bob

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Bill VanderMarel, Director of Sales and Marketing for Paradigm will be a Special Guest starting Sunday, June 23rd on AVSForum.com.
Well, this special guest at AVS seems to be missing in action. I'm concerned that he could have booked his arrival to announce the change over... Now he's not there... delays?

Anyway, I'm getting itchy about this. I want to know if I should book it to the store to complete my setup.

Anybody learn anything new?

Martin.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
As I mentioned in my response to James, the Studio Series v.2 is enormously successful product and while we're always investigating many possible design improvements for all of our speakers, achieving real improvements is difficult and time consuming. The high-end performance of the current Studio Series is very hard to beat! Properly set up and tweaked with the optimal components and cables, Studio Series v.2 speakers deliver tremendous high-end performance. We continue to consider many avenues for improvement, but there really is nothing that we can report on at this time. As far as even higher-end product above the Studio Series is concerned, we are considering that possibility but again there really is nothing we can report on at this time.
Mum's the word on the Studio Series. Not a bunch of detail.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Great! One sure way to get him to start posting was for me to post here claiming that he hasn't posted. :D
No news on possible Studio changes.
Martin.

DougN

Auditioning
Have you heard anything else on the v3 release ? Paradigm is coming out with the Signature Series with retail prices in the $6000-7500 range. I wonder if they still plan to double the prices for the Studio V3 line ? There are rumors that the Signature Series is scheduled to be out in April-May timeframe ...

My guess is that the new line is the previously described "v3" line. With a doubling of price, they probably wanted an all-new name.

No guesses on whether or not the current Studio series will continue unchanged.

-A.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I thought the reference series would increase in price because of an overhaul using the new drivers and components designed for the signature series. I could be incorrect, but my impression was that the signature series would come out completely on it's own as quite a bit more expensive than the current reference line, and that it will "trickle-down" (i know i KNOW it sounds bad, but this isn't economics, it's speakers ;) ) into the new reference line. Am I right or off my rocker? Dunno, but I'd like to know.

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
Wow, this thread just seems to keep popping back up! Cool. Um... I can't say I've heard anything lately but I kinda banned myself from walking into hi-fi shops as I'm scared that I might end up buying something! ;-) Unforunately this also means I haven't talked to my dealer in a while. I'm guessing that whatever plans they had earlier last year for the v3 Reference series has been changed somewhat. They should have been out by now, so now it's anybody's guess. It's possble there won't be a v3 for sometime and even if it comes out next week it might be only slightly different. I hope there's someone out there that has some info as I too would like to know what's the scoup with the v3 ref series.

- Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks