My DVD player is too loud

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Kline, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Tim Kline

Tim Kline Stunt Coordinator

Every time I watch a dvd, and the volume is low or it's just a quiet scene, I can hear the disc spinning in the player.. I know this is a minor thing and all but I can hear it and some times it's just kinda annoying [​IMG]
    Are there any "quiet" players out there? I have the cheapest Sony there is right now, but when I get my giant TV I'm gonna be upgrading to a prog scan player. I've never noticed this with a CD player though, so I'm sure there's gotta be some players out there that are maybe made better or something...?
    ------------------
    Tim Kline
    HT Newbie Extraordinaire!
    [email protected]
    www.timkline.com
    My DVD List
    My Home Theatre

2. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

3. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

That's the main reason why I didn't want another Sony DVD player. I bought one of their first generation DVD players, the DVP-S500D and I loved it, it was silent. However, as soon as they went to the slimmer design, their third generation I believe, I started to notice a "ticking" noise coming from the player even in a loud -ish Sony Store...I could only imagine how it would sound in my HT.
    FWIW, I picked up a Panasonic DVD-RP91.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I think i recall my friends' Sony was quite loud, but my Toshiba is very quite during quiet scenes... But im sitting like more than approx 8 feet away from my player...
    ------------------
    The So Family Home Theater!
    http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html