1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

My DVD player is too loud

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Kline, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Tim Kline

Tim Kline Stunt Coordinator

Every time I watch a dvd, and the volume is low or it's just a quiet scene, I can hear the disc spinning in the player.. I know this is a minor thing and all but I can hear it and some times it's just kinda annoying [​IMG]
    Are there any "quiet" players out there? I have the cheapest Sony there is right now, but when I get my giant TV I'm gonna be upgrading to a prog scan player. I've never noticed this with a CD player though, so I'm sure there's gotta be some players out there that are maybe made better or something...?
    ------------------
    Tim Kline
    HT Newbie Extraordinaire!
    [email protected]
    www.timkline.com
    My DVD List
    My Home Theatre

2. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

3. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

That's the main reason why I didn't want another Sony DVD player. I bought one of their first generation DVD players, the DVP-S500D and I loved it, it was silent. However, as soon as they went to the slimmer design, their third generation I believe, I started to notice a "ticking" noise coming from the player even in a loud -ish Sony Store...I could only imagine how it would sound in my HT.
    FWIW, I picked up a Panasonic DVD-RP91.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I think i recall my friends' Sony was quite loud, but my Toshiba is very quite during quiet scenes... But im sitting like more than approx 8 feet away from my player...
    ------------------
    The So Family Home Theater!
    http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html