What's new

My DVD player is skipping, anything I can do? (1 Viewer)

Blashy

Agent
Hi,

My home theatre in a box that I paid 300$ for, well my DVD is not doing a good job with playing slightly scratched DVDs.

At first I thought it was the movies from my online rental site zip.ca but after putting the same dvds on my home pc I've discovered that dvds that skipped on my dvd do not on my pc dvd player.

I've tried using a dvd disc cleaner, it help a little bit, but did not resolve the issue.

I've had this system for a year, did I just waste 300$?

If so, I would REALLY like to buy one of those one speaker does it all system like the following:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...11&catid=20311

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...36&catid=20311

I would also consider the bose systems or similar.

So I'm asking for any tips on fixing my damn DVD and opinions on those 5.1 "emulators" I guess you could call them.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Blashy:

There are certain DVD players that will not play back some DVDs without the glitches. Your HTIB may have a DVD player in it that isn't reading the DVDs correctly hence the skipping.

Parker

John S

Senior HTF Member
Most of us strongly suggest not buying an HTIB that has an integrated DVD player as DVD players tend to be a higher failure item and it is best to be able to replace just that piece by itself.

Does the HTIB have any external digital audio inputs? If so you can still change just the DVD player.

Blashy

Agent
I guess I've learned my lesson.

HTIB = not a good idea, or at least, get one on the higher end that give full money back warranty for 5 years.

Any thoughts on the 1 sub, 2 speaker 5.1 emulator like the BOSE systems? Or the one big bar that does it all?

Thanks for the help.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Don't waste your money on Bose! Bose blows!
You can buy much better, for the same money.............
Good luck!

C'mon people. Help me talk him out of Bose.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose...............

John S

Senior HTF Member
Blashy.. I think any of those solutions you mention would be also a waste of money for the most part.

You really need 5 speakers and a sub for 5.1 at a minimum. Not sure what else to say on the subject. You can do 4 towers and no sub for decent performance on it, but that is bare, barest of minimums.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks