What's new

My DVD player is not "Nuon-Enhanced"--- What am I missing? (1 Viewer)

Kelly W

Second Unit
Like most people, I don't have a Nuon-equipped DVD player. I remember hearing about this "technology" when it was announced, and I read that it is basically a chip developed originally by the guy behind the 3DO for a new game system that never took off.

Occasionally, I see it listed on a few DVD's (e.g., Bedazzled, Planet of the Apes, and Buckaroo Banzai), but what are the extra features that Nuon adds? I read that BB has some "pre-selected zooms" and some trivia-type information, but what about the others? What are these Nuon games I keep hearing about?

I EXPECT that the answer to this will be "Not much.", but I'm really curious as to what DVD extras am I actually missing.

Thanks!!!

-Kelly

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
Like you expected, not much. Nuon's website has a listing of the DVD's special features here.
Also, the company that owns Nuon is bankrupt, so unless it is taken over by a new company, don't expect to see any more titles with Nuon-enhanced features.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks