My DVC bit the dust & PE is out of stock, Now what?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Joe Tilley, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Well as it says my Dayton 15" DVC bit the big one last week, The spider ripped away from the coil. Parts Express accepted it as a return for a new one as the Warranty covers this, But the crappy thing is they will not have anymore in stock until next month. They told me I had the option to order something else in place of it if I wonted to So it got me thinking. I cannot stand not having my sub already so I sure don't wont to wait another 2weeks to get it back.
    I thought about getting one of the Titanic MKII subs & either making a plate to fit it in my current enclosure, or I have the materials around to build another sono. I by no means wont to get rid of or change my current sono but I have thought about building another sub for awhile just to do it so I figured why not.
    Ok I guess what I'm getting at is it would be nothing to make a plate to fit it into my current sono temporarily but it's 220liters & using a 6"by 25" port witch I'm sure is a bit much for the 12". If I done this what could I expect from it or is is just a bad idea altogether? If I did this it would only be temporary, & would build a sooting enclosure later. I just wont to figure out something because I cannot stand having no bass at all. If I placed the order Monday I would have the sub On Tuesday so I'm really considering doing it. But I wonted to get a couple opinions first.

2. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

I would wait the 10+ days and not take a step back. If you MUST have a a driver now, then I think that you should purchase the similar Adire Tempest driver that should fit your present enclosure with ease and perform just as well as your former driver and keep your credit at Parts Express for later.

3. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

I decided to order a 12" DVC & build an enclouser out of the spare sono I have. I went out today & cut & glued my end caps & put the drivers end cap in place. Now all I got to do is figure how I wont to tune it & finish it up.
    I'm just doing it for the fun ( & piece of mind ) untill the 15" comes back in. I dont know if I will keep it or not, But I do know I can sell it to my neighbor if I decide not to keep it. He's been talking about having me build one for him ever since he came over to see mine. Or I may just have to keep it for those need more bass days[​IMG]