What's new

My dryer lint hose ... Where does it go? (1 Viewer)

Colton

Supporting Actor
Okay, I must be missing something. Our house has the utility/washer/dryer room on the first floor and the dryer lint hose goes into the wall like normal, but it doesn't come out the other side (outside) like I've seen in most houses. In fact, the tube seems to be going up towards my attic. Is this normal? I looked in my attic and still can't find the exit to where all the excess lint is coming out from. Any suggestions?

- Colton

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
The lint should be caught in the "lint trap". The excess moisture should be directed outside. I had a house once that ran the hose through the attic and out through the roof.

Jim Sentry

Stunt Coordinator
Does'nt sound right to me. It should be vented to the outdoors and accessible for cleanout.

I understand fires could be used by clogged dryer vents.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Don't think I'd like it vented into the attic either. The moisture would seem to be a plus if you wanted to grow some nice mold cultures.

Mort

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Yikes, best find that outlet post haste or else run a new external vent. When we were house shopping a few years ago we looked at a great house that had its dryer venting straight into the laundry room. Needless to say we passed on the house as there was no telling what kind of damage years of that might have caused.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Running it up through the attic sounds like how mine is too! I can see the outlet vent high up on the side of the house. I hear about fires starting from the dryers,just wondered it it was caused by not cleaning the lint trap inside of the dryer.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Some dryers do a better job of catching lint and not exhausting it. Still, even the best, so exhaust some lint which inturn, begins to coat the inside of the exhaust line. This eventually requires a little maintenance to clean out or replace the hose. Exhausting into an attic is not a good idea for long term.
Personally, I save my lint until I get enought to ball it up and play pitch with it. Kinda like a nerf ball!LOL

:D

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Take a globe, find a point on the opposite side of it from your house, probably somewhere in China. Fly there and look for any holes with hot humid exhaust. There it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks